iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

I don't have an iPhone 6 I still have the 5s but iOS 8 has basically rendered this thing useless as fuck most of the time while using my wifi.

Didn't really know where to bitch so I'm doing it here. This also the only time I've ever had an issue with Apple and I've owned Apple products for years.

I don't have an iPhone 6 I still have the 5s but iOS 8 has basically rendered this thing useless as fuck most of the time while using my wifi.

Didn't really know where to bitch so I'm doing it here. This also the only time I've ever had an issue with Apple and I've owned Apple products for years.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/fix-ios-8-wifi-problems.html

Did you update to iOS 8.0.2?

I had a lot of issues with my 5 until i updated. Otherwise I'd downgrade to 7.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have ordered the 128gb model. Oh well. Just waiting on my space grey 6 and 5s to come in. Hopefully soon!

For what they offered me for the 5 and the 4s with a broken screen, it didn't make sense not to upgrade. I don't have to go out of pocket, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

i picked up a 128 GB silver 6 yesterday. And after having it for 24 hours, I'm in love. My case will arrive in an hour or so. This is just the first time I've had an iphone and am really worried I'm going to break it. 

I went naked with the 4s for about... a solid two years multiple drops, maybe 15 before the big one finally hit. only the back broke  but still :( 

its funny cause i got the iphone for life plan through sprint when i was in santa barbara and the service was sub-par to shit at times. I was so bummed, cause i just signed up for....life. lol. but ive been in LA for the last like 4 days and its been LTE all day. Even up in the hills of west hollywood where verizon and at&t are no service at all times, sprint is 3G killin it with full reception.

the true test will be this upcoming couple of months as im going on a full US tour and hitting every major and some smaller markets.....

Question for you guys. I'm still (happily) using my 5S, and recently updated to the latest OS the night before last. Everything updated smoothly except for my cherished Mail app (Mailbox). It's no longer pushing updates to my phone; I only receive new messages when I open the app and refresh. Any ideas on how to get my notifications going again? I've tried messing with notification settings – everything is enable. Data is also set to run in the background. I've restarted my phone, I've deleted and redownloaded the app... I have no idea what else to do. I just want to be notified of my e-mails in real time.

I have my 6 for ~2 weeks now and I'm happy. Had a iPhone 4 for 5 years now, but in the end the home button didn't really work anymore...therefore it was time for a change!

I like the battery usage stats...relieved to find out that phoning (40%), surfing (20%), home screen (8%) and maps / mails (7%) make the biggest part of my usage :D

Any useful app suggestions?

BTW; another question:

all birthdays were transferred into the calender of my new phone...I want to always get notified at the same day of somebody's birthday. Unfortunately I cannot find an option to change the time from 9:00 a.m. to something else...this is especially annoying when somebody's birthday is on Saturday or Sunday. Help?

Derek -

settings - mail, fetch new date, make sure push and all that is enabled.  Make sure each inbox you want to be pushed is set as well.

Thanks.  Each account in on Fetch with no option for Push.  But I think those may be tied into the (default) Mail app, which I don't really use.  I've been all about Mailbox for a while now.  I'll tinker with those settings, anyway.

OHHH so you use a different app than normal mail. Got it. I don't think what I told you will work at all haha :(

Yeah, I suspect it won't. I'll probably use your suggestions and fall back on the default Mail until I can work out the kinks. Having no notification of new messages is the worst. And at the rate I gun for limited vinyl, it's bound to bite me in the ass much sooner than later.

I was having an issue with notifications on the eBay app. In the app itself, I checked off what I wanted to be notified about, and they'd uncheck themselves as soon as I exited it. What I had to do was go into the settings app -> notifications -> ebay-> and turn off and turn on "allow notifications". Then I was able to re-select them in the app and make them stick.