Black Friday Record Store Day 2014

Thanks for delivering man

Anytime.

In all honesty, all I've seen is the same cover that is on the digital release, and because DG is no more I imagine Harvest will put as little into it as possible... (they do have TPTB to worry about) And apparently people are going to buy it even if it has a dick on the cover.

Note: This is the worst-punctuated post ever and for that, I apologize. Commence.

Edited by FowtyDollaz

Third Man Records is noticibly absent from any kind of Black Friday RSD lists. I know they don't always announce their offerings with the official list, but it seems they usually make their announcement before now.

Maybe they are breaking a record for the slowest Black Friday announcement.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but where do you work?

I work in the warehouse at C.I.M.S. (Coalition of Independent Music Stores)/ThinkIndie....as well as one of the best music venues (for our size at least) called The Bottletree [favorite venue for Torche, The Hold Steady, Polyphonic Spree, TV on The Radio....ect]

Third Man Records is noticibly absent from any kind of Black Friday RSD lists. I know they don't always announce their offerings with the official list, but it seems they usually make their announcement before now.

I don't follow White Stripes or Third Man closely, but I know we shipped out a few copies of White Stripes "Hotel Yorba" 7"s in the past week or so....if that's already readily available I apologize....also had some White Stripes sing Christmas 7"s that have gone out with some orders....but again, no clue of this stuff is readily available or limited or what the deal is

Anytime.

In all honesty, all I've seen is the same cover that is on the digital release, and because DG is no more I imagine Harvest will put as little into it as possible... (they do have TPTB to worry about) And apparently people are going to buy it even if it has a dick on the cover.

Note: This is the worst-punctuated post ever and for that, I apologize. Commence.

Wanted to know what the labels/back cover/license plate bonus would look like. Doubted it would'd be anything special, just the only release I'm excited for.

Thinking it's going to be pretty cut n' dry 

I work in the warehouse at C.I.M.S. (Coalition of Independent Music Stores)/ThinkIndie....as well as one of the best music venues (for our size at least) called The Bottletree [favorite venue for Torche, The Hold Steady, Polyphonic Spree, TV on The Radio....ect]

Wow that sounds amazing haha. Cool job. :)

I heard the announcement is hand-written on a piece of paper sealed inside a black record & mixed in with 100 thousand other records that have been shot out of a submarine in the middle of the Antarctic Ocean.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I live in canada, where can I buy these releases?  is it in the states only or online?  I'd really like to pick up the Hozier one

The official Record Store Day website has a Participating Stores Search.  But just because a store is Participating doesn't mean they will have ever release.  

Do you ever get first dibs on stuff to buy or staff discount??

Nope, most of everything for BlackFriday and RSD is allocated out to the stores.....found a box of Dead Milkmen today that was all damaged...so some stores allocations got cut a bit short. Stoked to get finished shipping it all tomorrow!

Also, I know at least one store in Canada is getting stuff from us (granted we only have 4 or 5 BlackFriday titles that we're shipping)....but I have no idea where or the name of the store, just know my boss was having a really hard time getting the shipping software to allow him to ship it for whatever reason