PO: Ben Folds Five - Whatever & Ever Amen Remastered Reissue (1/27/15)

It seems strange. We announced it so early to make a better guess about how many to make. There will be more announcements this week with even longer lead times. All will be pretty limited pressings, but maybe we can make sure people don't have to fight over copies.

I have a couple of questions. Is the orange vinyl only part of the "Department Of Record Stores" thing, or is the black one too? When you say "don't have to fight over copies" are you just referring to the limited one? Also, do you know by any chance who is doing the actual reissue?

Thanks

All very laudable, but how about making it possible for non-US residents to get it too?

We are taking a break from shipping outside the US. We found that there were just way too much fraud and lost packages. We probably will try again at some point.

I have a couple of questions. Is the orange vinyl only part of the "Department Of Record Stores" thing, or is the black one too? When you say "don't have to fight over copies" are you just referring to the limited one? Also, do you know by any chance who is doing the actual reissue?

Thanks

The black will be available everywhere later, so it's unlikely that there will be problems with it either. ORG is handling all the details for us. They do a nice job, if you're not familiar with them. Thanks for asking.

We are taking a break from shipping outside the US. We found that there were just way too much fraud and lost packages. We probably will try again at some point.

The black will be available everywhere later, so it's unlikely that there will be problems with it either. ORG is handling all the details for us. They do a nice job, if you're not familiar with them. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for coming on here and for the details. Just purchased one. 

• 1 month later...

no shipping rate provided until AFTER you place the order?!?! can't pull the trigger here.

I ordered from them once (got delayed and I cancelled in the end) and they said shipping to the UK for a single LP was between $18 and $22. I assume Canada would be cheaper but why not email them and get a quote. That said, I agree that it's not a good way to do your international business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

delayed 

Hi there,

I'm sorry to report this, especially because we started taking pre-orders so long ago. The orange vinyl version of Ben Folds Five "Whatever and Ever Amen" will not ship next week. Due to a production issue, it has been pushed back to 2/24. 

I remember being blown away by this album when it was released, so I understand that you're probably pretty disappointed by the delay. The only thing can say to maybe make it better is that it's probably better in the long run that ORG is taking their time to do the release right.

In case you haven't heard, this color is being limited to only 600 copies. You'll be getting a pretty rare pressing of a great album. I wish we didn't have to make you wait another month.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Chris

P.S. 195 people will get this email. I'll be the one angry dwarf and you can be the (almost) 200 solemn faces. (Because that's the first song on the album, but you know that.)