Games for couples

So I remember playing Settlers of Catan with some friends awhile back with some friends and really having fun with it.  So my question if for those with significant others; I really want something to do after a long day with the lady, that's not watching a movie, but something that would be fun and challenging to us both.  Anyone have any ideas as to what games, similar to Settlers of Catan, would be fun between two people?

I second Magic the Gathering. My wife and I played all the time before we had a kid.

If you have two computers, Minecraft is a lot of fun to play with other people. Civ 5 is also a fun PC game that is similar to Settlers, and can be played on one computer by two people at the same time. 

As far as tabletop games similar to Settlers, try Small World.

The other night the bf and I played Yahtzee, and that was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. I'm not really into computer games or video games,  but I enjoy some PS4/Wii-U games that are easy to play like Smashbrothers, Mario Kart, Resogun and Little Big Planet. Any old school nintendo 2+ player games are pretty fun too. I'm more into arcade type games and board games so I am probably no help at all. Interested to see what others post though. 

My wife and I play Scrabble all the time or 500 Rummy while listening to records. The last time we both drank a bottle of wine each and ended up screaming along to Tell All Your Friends and me showing her how to hardcore dance...

That doesn't always happen, but that's a good thing...we were sore for about a week..