Tom Delonge Leaves Blink-182

I haven't even seen them since the tour right before their first "breakup". So aside from neighborhoods, which was pretty decent although not particularly a "blink" record, I really have no familiarity what they've been up to. Dogs Eating Dogs still hasn't had a proper release so I've yet to hear it.

I was able to briefly meet Tom a few years ago and he seemed nice enough as a person, or at least appeared to be - I have no idea how much of that congeniality is an act or if he's actually a knob in person if you really get to know him, but I also have no misconceptions about how his management handles things - on his behalf or otherwise. I'm not sure if the blame is completely on him, I think he's been in serious need of new representation for some time.

Exactly. Like Travis said he pretty much used Blink as an income source and advertising opportunity to get people to listen to AvA. Over the past 5 years he's been wearing Angels stuff to every show whether it's the Love t-shirt, the AvA beanie, or his guitars with Love artwork on them. It's not like you see Travis with a +44 logo on the bass drum or Mark with a +44 shirt. They wanted to focus on Blink while Tom just fetishized over AvA the whole time.

I havent seen Travis where anything except his "Can the Drummer get Some" shirts since his solo album, so yeah, Id say they are all using Blink to promote their own things.

I havent seen Travis where anything except his "Can the Drummer get Some" shirts since his solo album, so yeah, Id say they are all using Blink to promote their own things.

in his defense he's been wearing that saying on his shirts years prior to that release.

Everyone that seen them since they got back together knows it's Mark and Travis and that dude from AVA playing shows. Whatever made Tom fun to watch with blink has been long gone.

But still, the foundation of blink was the perfect mixture of "Mark songs" and "Tom songs" and without "Tom songs," it simply isn't blink anymore. They need to wear blink-182 shirts to blink shows and keep all their independent projects separate. That's the way it was before and that's the way it still should be. There's even a lot of AVA-ey sound to neighborhoods that I didn't like. The main problem is that they're letting their side projects leach into Blink 182.

But still, the foundation of blink was the perfect mixture of "Mark songs" and "Tom songs" and without "Tom songs," it simply isn't blink anymore. They need to wear blink-182 shirts to blink shows and keep all their independent projects separate. That's the way it was before and that's the way it still should be. There's even a lot of AVA-ey sound to neighborhoods that I didn't like. The main problem is that they're letting their side projects leach into Blink 182.

I think the main problem is they're fucking 40 years old and songs they wrote in their 20s were written in their 20s.

I think the main problem is they're fucking 40 years old and songs they wrote in their 20s were written in their 20s.

If this applies to the general scheme of things, what do you think about acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, members of The Beatles, U2... I mean, just because things are aged, doesn't mean they can't go back and revisit them?

If this applies to the general scheme of things, what do you think about acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, members of The Beatles, U2... I mean, just because things are aged, doesn't mean they can't go back and revisit them?

I think they key difference is that Springsteen didn't write songs about dick and fart jokes.

Then you missed my point. I wasn't saying that their artistic merit rivals one another, just that they've all been playing music that they wrote a long time ago.

And you missed my point. I was just enforcing the fact that Tom grew out of it and really doesn't owe fans anything like Blonk over there was saying