Tom Delonge Leaves Blink-182

Anyone else find it ironic that they kicked Tom out and replaced him with a guy notorious for being drunk on stage, and had half a venue walk out on his own solo project on opening night in his home town because he was too fucked up to play?

How is that ironic? What would actually be ironic is if they kicked Tom out, only to replace him with say...Kanye West, who has an even bigger ego than Tom.

Skiba seems to fit the image Blink-182 projects to me in a lot of ways, including the whole "peter pan" aspect of the members.

I don't really get Skiba being part of this.  The dude doesn't really peg me as a pop punk for lyfe kinda guy, but I suppose I love Blink 182 and awful pop punk as well, so what do I know?

Alkaline Trio? Dude's a pop-punk icon and will forever be associated with/in that scene.

How is that ironic? What would actually be ironic is if they kicked Tom out, only to replace him with say...Kanye West, who has an even bigger ego than Tom.

Skiba seems to fit the image Blink-182 projects to me in a lot of ways, including the whole "peter pan" aspect of the members.

They claimed Tom wasnt committed enough/serious enough for the band, yet they hire a guy who has shown time and time again that he isnt committed to playing shows at a respectable level.

Anyone else find it ironic that they kicked Tom out and replaced him with a guy notorious for being drunk on stage, and had half a venue walk out on his own solo project on opening night in his home town because he was too fucked up to play?

They claimed Tom wasnt committed enough/serious enough for the band, yet they hire a guy who has shown time and time again that he isnt committed to playing shows at a respectable level.

I wasn't going to say anything after your first post but now I will.  These two posts are vague enough that you seem to be begging people to ask you, "well hey, what do you mean?  What happened at that show he was super drunk at and how on earth does that remotely relate to what he's doing with Blink 182? OMG WHAT HAPPENED?????" 

No one likes that guy. It's exhausting. Just spell it out. 

I've just never seen Alkaline Trio as a pop punk band, at least not in the same respect that Blink 182 performs.  Alkaline has always been a lot more raw (early on, I suppose) and much darker.  

They were definitely more raw early on, I'll give you that.

I think they're definitely considered a pop-punk band though. It got to the point where it seemed like every 3rd "mall punk" I saw was wearing an alk3 shirt, so I think they're solidly in that camp at this point.

I wasn't going to say anything after your first post but now I will.  These two posts are vague enough that you seem to be begging people to ask you, "well hey, what do you mean?  What happened at that show he was super drunk at and how on earth does that remotely relate to what he's doing with Blink 182? OMG WHAT HAPPENED?????" 

No one likes that guy. It's exhausting. Just spell it out. 

dont feed the troll, he's just waiting around to die

i was a big Tom fan back in the day and Blink have been a favourite band of mine since i was a young teen, but ever since that S/T album i haven't cared for them, after that they were never the same band i grew up listening too and everything that followed just makes me think they should lay it to rest.

i was a big Tom fan back in the day and Blink have been a favourite band of mine since i was a young teen, but ever since that S/T album i haven't cared for them, after that they were never the same band i grew up listening too and everything that followed just makes me think they should lay it to rest.

Totally agree, ST album was their masterpiece in my opinion. It'sa flawless record.

The only thing Ive thought to be good since that was plus 44' album. Skiba sounds good. It's just hard to give a care.

Hey guys,

Curious if anyone is going to tonight's show or musink.

Looking for their concert posters...

If you could help me out and pick one up to sell to me for some extra cash, that'd be awesome!

It's hard to collect concert posters when you live sooo far away haha,

anyways, thanks for the help!