(A Disscussion Somewhat Related To) Brand New - Deja Entendu RSD

I guess I've always been more of an indie guy, but seriously, Brand New? I had no idea they even existed anymore, or that they were still making music, let alone have the entire board in a tizzy over a repress of one of their albums. Is Deja Entendu universally agreed on as a crowning achievement in rock music or something? Full disclosure, I missed the rage over Devil and God as well. It's just weird seeing near universal desire for this emo record. I am guilty of trying to collect all the Paranorman mondo variants, so I definitely understand from a vinyl standpoint, somewhat.

I guess I've always been more of an indie guy, but seriously, Brand New? I had no idea they even existed anymore, or that they were still making music, let alone have the entire board in a tizzy over a repress of one of their albums. Is Deja Entendu universally agreed on as a crowning achievement in rock music or something? Full disclosure, I missed the rage over Devil and God as well. It's just weird seeing near universal desire for this emo record. I am guilty of trying to collect all the Paranorman mondo variants, so I definitely understand from a vinyl standpoint, somewhat.

98 percent of this thread is jokes, but your indie cred is safe sir, rest easy. 

Only soundtrack I own on vinyl is the Paranorman RSD exclusive. It's my son's favorite movie, so I had to have it. Like most of us, I plan to pass on collection when the time comes, so I thought it would be appropriate to have the OST to his first favorite movie.

I don't feel like reading through 29 pages of posts, so my bad if this was addressed but when they say the RSD exclusive packaging does this mean the artwork itself or what? 

Deja isn't Deja without the iconic cover. 

Cheers 

New cover:

2EAF60321.png

Can definitely back up this comment. I was behind a 50 yr old couple with mullets and that was in the "VIP" section.

That is a weird ass paring of bands. Makes me wanna own a club where I take a band with a built in fanbase and blend them with an older weirder fanbase just to watch the hilarity. 

Tonight it's Motely Crue with Sam Smith! 

I'm going to call it "Downstairs Mix-up".