(A Disscussion Somewhat Related To) Brand New - Deja Entendu RSD

It's going to be weird walking into record stores with this being regularly in stock. You know some dude somewhere who doesn't really use social networking but still buys records will walk into a record store, see it, flip the fuck out, and then try to flip it on the Bay.

and they'll still manage to make some dough

Someone sell me a copy for less than cost plz

The "prestige" is when the guy who was going to buy you a copy for cost can't secure one on RSD, you are somehow able to secure two copies yourself, and then, when he asks if you could sell him your extra copy, you turn around and tell him "Sorry, bro.  I wish I could help ya."

Bonus points if you can work in a weird Asperger's excuse like "I'm saving it because I'm collecting every BN record to sell as a set."

The "prestige" is when the guy who was going to buy you a copy for cost can't secure one on RSD, you are somehow able to secure two copies yourself, and then, when he asks if you could sell him your extra copy, you turn around and tell him "Sorry, bro. I wish I could help ya."

This killed me. Let's add:

You chew out someone for buying a bunch of copies to sell to strictly board members at cost, only to be flipping records for higher prices on a very regular basis.

As far as I can tell, this is simultaneously the dumbest and most important question ever asked on VC:  Can someone explain to me what is the big deal about this album?  I see references to it everywhere and it's like people are willing to part with their left testicle to get a copy.  The way people talk about it, it's like (Sgt Peppers + Kind Of Blue + Jesus)^(10^100).

This is an honest question.  I've never heard the album.

As far as I can tell, this is simultaneously the dumbest and most important question ever asked on VC: Can someone explain to me what is the big deal about this album? I see references to it everywhere and it's like people are willing to part with their left testicle to get a copy. The way people talk about it, it's like (Sgt Peppers + Kind Of Blue + Jesus)^(10^100).

This is an honest question. I've never heard the album.

Take 1 part nostalgia, and whip lightly with 2 parts "this album, just, like, spoke to me as a teen". Sprinkle in fandom liberally. Let simmer for 12 years, avoiding represses at all costs. Glaze over with a thick coat of Tumblr adoration. Best served chilled, with a side of exaggerated value thanks to eBay.

Take 1 part nostalgia, and whip lightly with 2 parts "this album, just, like, spoke to me as a teen". Sprinkle in fandom liberally. Let simmer for 12 years, avoiding represses at all costs. Glaze over with a thick coat of Tumblr adoration. Best served chilled, with a side of exaggerated value thanks to eBay.

Amazing

You forgot about the manufactured scarcity and supply shortage caused by BN doing everything in their power to not be an actual, active band.  Like a cuter Jeff Mangum for people where were 7 when Aeroplane were released.

The "prestige" is when the guy who was going to buy you a copy for cost can't secure one on RSD, you are somehow able to secure two copies yourself, and then, when he asks if you could sell him your extra copy, you turn around and tell him "Sorry, bro.  I wish I could help ya."

Bonus points if you can work in a weird Asperger's excuse like "I'm saving it because I'm collecting every BN record to sell as a set."

#thatgrudgeisrealtho