The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

I don't know how I feel about this. Kozelek's vocals don't really go well with Justin's crunchy guitars.....

When the first track started I was all "Hey! here we go...", but then he "sang"... ugh

I respect him as an artist doing new things but I'm just not a fan of his vocal style as of late.

I have tried and tried but I cannot put it into a good light no matter how many ways I try. His delivery is just shot

as a staunch new-wave Kozelek supporter, i feel challenged listening to a him talk-singing at very low volume with blaring guitars in the background. i think my mind is hung up on how something so quiet could be mixed louder than Godflesh guitar -- usually i can suspend disbelief, but i like my music to feel 'real' in general. i don't know, i still think there's something to this record and will continue 'spinning'. i appreciate the challenging listen and Kozelek for pushing harder instead of softening up in his old age. too many times it happens in reverse. 

I've always been as much of a Broadrick fan as a Koz fan so I've been really looking forward to this. And honestly i like it a lot. But i also love Godflesh and Jesu and can understand why a lot of people won't like this album at all. And i wish Koz would go back to writing and singing Ghosts/April style more than anything in the world, but that would absolutely not work well with JKB's music.

Woah... that's kinda/sorta my local shop... in that my local shop is an hour away. I live in the middle of nowhere.

Pre-order up in the US on Melody Supreme...

"On February 19, Jesu and Sun Kil Moon will release on vinyl their self-titled collaboration."

http://www.melodysupreme.org/product/jesu-sun-kil-moon-vinyl/