GO HASTINGS 30% off all vinyl...

The sad thing is, you'd think they would want to fess up to their mistakes and be a little humble like say Amazon. I'll be very hesitant ordering more than one record at a time from now on from them.

Agreed. My three records showed up today in two different packages.  Two were in excellent condition but the third had a very small seam split at the top.  I don't like it but it's small enough that I can live with it.

What threw me was the packaging.  Two albums were shipped together in basically a tri-fold piece of cardboard with the ends exposed, covered only with packaging tape.  It's amazing they didn't get totally destroyed.  I will definitely have to pause before placing another order with them.

Made an account just to say...

Ordered 12 LP's and 7 of them came dog eared ~ 6 were bent significantly so I just decided to send back all 7 of them.  The worst was one mailer which came from TX with 5 LP's in it. It was a multi LP mailer with partially exposed corners,  one corner looks like it got dropped really hard as cardboard was missing in that corner.  The horror!

Spent a long time on hold getting through to customer service.  They are having me return the bent one's and I re-ordered new ones at full price.  They will be adjusting the price after the order gets processed, fingers crossed the refund and price adjust and new shipments go smoothly...

Wish they had more standardized shipping methods, of the 12 LP's there were a combination of single LP mailers, multi  LP mailer (awful), and regular box (also awful).  Was very impressed at the speed considering media mail.

Anyone notice the prices are now adjusted to slightly lower than when coupon was active?  Still cheaper after the coupon but they seem to monitor the prices closely nonetheless, shady about the code only working for a day or so.

Got all 7 of mine today in two mailers. Packed pretty tight, but no real harm. Giving them a listen now too. No problems, no complaints. Also the individual unique code they gave me, after emailing customer service, I was able to use on two separate transactions. I thought I could maybe use it till the end of the month, as long as I only did one record per order, but it stopped working after the 2nd order. So for anyone who got an individual code from Customer Service, try it twice to see if it works or maybe more?

I have probably ordered from hastings 15 to 20 times.  Only once have I returned a record due to massive seam splits because it was packed in a giant box with no padding at all.  I emailed them about the problem, they told me I had to send it back for refund and I could re-order if I wanted it.  The whole transaction went super smooth and took maybe 2 weeks at most.  I would say that email is faster and easier than trying to call them.

My order from this sale came in 2 packages, the first one had 3 records jammed into a box that was about a 1/2" too small for records.  A little bit of corner damage and some edge wear on one of them, but the records themselves were not warped.  The second package was in a standard LP mailer. 

At these prices I never have and never will complain, especially with all of the warnings people post.  You know it's a gamble from the start.

Mine has worked 4 times as long as I buy one record. Also, it does not work on all albums so yours may still work too.

have you received any of the records yet? was curious about this being a possibility.  i have a few records I want that are like 10 bucks a piece so wonder if it is worth putting 5 orders in to get 30% off each.  i placed one order for something and tried to place another and it said code was not valid.

I ordered the Springsteen box set ($125 shipped!!) and it showed today in a decent-sized box with those heavy cardboard "interiors" that basically fold down on all ends, so no chance of your set being damaged in transit. I'm well aware of the horror stories so I was thankful this was packed very well.

And not for nothing but these represses sound fantastic so far. I've been A/B'ing them with my originals and the new ones are warmed and more dimensional with better bass, despite being sourced from hi-rez digital (as opposed to the all-analog originals).

My Dr Dog LP arrived today with a HORRENDOUS corner ding.  This incredible damage makes the album unloookable, which makes the experience ruined and the music unlistenable.  So, I'm returning it for a double refund (that's when you get a refund and a replacement copy).

kCpP6Iq.jpg

My Dr Dog LP arrived today with a HORRENDOUS corner ding.  This incredible damage makes the album unloookable, which makes the experience ruined and the music unlistenable.  So, I'm returning it for a double refund (that's when you get a refund and a replacement copy).

kCpP6Iq.jpg

LOL oh Bake oh Bake. You see I can appreciate you. You're a throwback, much preferred than these vapewave/seapunk/aesthetic/emo gen bullying types

The Fela Kuti box set is out-of-fucking-hand good.

I grabbed it for $85 a few months ago and I have no regrets. There aren't many musicians who have had as many nearly perfect albums as Kuti has had, and this set is, in my opinion, the best of the three. I just wish that I could have picked up the first two when I had the opportunity. 

EDIT: So, this has been out for quite a while... if it was really only limited to 2,000 copies, why are they still so widely available? It seems like there are tons of places still selling it!