GO HASTINGS 30% off all vinyl...

Any consensus on whether phone or email customer service is better for replacements?

My five LPs were really well packed, but one was open and the jacket is worn. Hoping they'll ship me out a new one.

I had the same issue, they will send you a prepaid shipping label to return the record for a refund but will not replace it. If you want it, you have to repurchase it at full price. 

Is the sale still going online?

in a sense. if you reach out to go hastings with the original e-mail showing the 30% off until 3/31 they will more than likely send you a code for 30% off one LP.  some have said it works if you place multiple orders for one item each time. for me it only worked once.  

7lps for 70$?

Seems mighty fair to me

i fold like a lawn chair under pressure and pulled the trigger on this morning on it.  after watching finding fela this weekend and pulling out some of my other kuti stuff i was like yeah im an idiot not to buy it.

i did notice though that the price on some stuff has been going down, id say 15-25%, on where it was last week, not 30% range but if you are still looking to pick things up its a nice thing.  tonight im gonna grab a record that was 12.50 that is now down to just a bit over 10. 

A few comments:

Thanks OP for pointing out this sale (or coupon glitch, whatever you want to call it). I'm very pleased with the deal I got.

7 records showed up today in 2 mailers and one big box. All were in very good condition. Only one with bent corners, but looks like that was from shop wear, as the others in the box were good.

I'm really pleased to get Superunknown for $17; however, I have my doubts about it being 200g, regardless of what the hype sticker advertises. Nice press overall and clean sound, so no complaints.

in a sense. if you reach out to go hastings with the original e-mail showing the 30% off until 3/31 they will more than likely send you a code for 30% off one LP.  some have said it works if you place multiple orders for one item each time. for me it only worked once.  

do you actually need to have the email for this? If so would be someone really awesome and forward it to me?

Received my final 3 records today...

The LP mailer was open-ended, meaning that the albums were exposed (seriously, who's the dumbass that thinks this is a kosher way to ship vinyl?!). The bottom right corners of all three were dented, which you could see before I even opened it, but they weren't bent horribly. It's honestly not worth my time sending them back, but still annoying.

Never going to buy multiples in the same order from GH again.

Received my final 3 records today...

The LP mailer was open-ended, meaning that the albums were exposed (seriously, who's the dumbass that thinks this is a kosher way to ship vinyl?!). The bottom right corners of all three were dented, which you could see before I even opened it, but they weren't bent horribly. It's honestly not worth my time sending them back, but still annoying.

Never going to buy multiples in the same order from GH again.

This is funny, because it's the opposite experience that I've had. Every time I've ordered a single record (probably 4 times) it has literally come in a taped piece of cardboard. When I've ordered multiples, they've been in a large vinyl mailer with cardboard inserts. When I saw that my sale order and been split into multiple shipments, I was worried. Thankfully everything came okay.

This is funny, because it's the opposite experience that I've had. Every time I've ordered a single record (probably 4 times) it has literally come in a taped piece of cardboard. When I've ordered multiples, they've been in a large vinyl mailer with cardboard inserts. When I saw that my sale order and been split into multiple shipments, I was worried. Thankfully everything came okay.

Both single-record orders that I received were in 1/2" thick LP mailers, and both arrived (surprisingly) in Mint condition.

Got two packages in today.  One of them was impeccably packed in a nice, thick mailer.

The other was shoved into an oversized cut of cardboard (looks like they just sectioned a piece of a cardboard box and folded it over).  During transit, the tape holding it closed split and the corner of the jacket slipped through - creating a huge bend.  The record itself was okay, but the jacket looks like it was up for sale at UO.

Good deal either way.

All of my records have now arrived.   7/8 of them are in perfect shape.  However, my copy of QotSA Like Clockwork came with a wrinkle/rip on the front cover.  Not sure if I'm going to return it, I saved 60+ dollars on this order... so sort of feels like a whatever situation.  Same time, it's such a beautiful gatefold package that my OCD is flaring up.