GO HASTINGS 30% off all vinyl...

That's what I thought would be a possibility but I compared the tracking numbers on both emails and they were the same, I think they're just confused/overworked..

I think something in their notification system is wonky.  That's happened to me before too (and happened with these orders too).

When did you order/they send you a message?

I bought a single record at 6 am this morning with the discount code and haven't heard from them yet. Hopefully it works.. I got the velvet underground Quine tapes box set for like 70 bucks.

I saw the code whenpeople were talking about it on tuesday. Got the actual e mail wednesday and went to put the order in and it said invalid code. In talking with them their go to intially was just "sorry expired" but when i questioned it they didnt know what to say.

Im guessing they saw that the coupon says one item ans people were putting in $300 orders of 15 records and they said uh oh. Who knows. It just seems a bad business practice to say hey heres a coupon to use thanks for being a patron, just kidding.

Im guessing they saw that the coupon says one item ans people were putting in $300 orders of 15 records and they said uh oh. Who knows. It just seems a bad business practice to say hey heres a coupon to use thanks for being a patron, just kidding.

I'm willing to bet this is exactly what happened. The coupon should have taken 30% off of one item, but it obviously wasn't set up properly on their end. So, this thread blows up and in less than two days, they have a huge amount of orders pouring in. Someone notices it, realizes what has happened, realizes the amount of potential profit they are loosing isn't outweighed by the amount of product they are moving and puts a stop on the discount. Knowing that cancelling all the orders that have been generated because of their mistake will only piss off the new/repeat customers, they fill the orders, take the hit and move on.

It's not bad business, since they are following through on their mistake, it's just a logical move on their part to stay profitable.

^^^

No, it IS bad business.

As a corporation, they need to stand behind their coupons/statements. If someone screwed up, so be it. But this is just pissing people off. It's like walking a kid through an arcade with no quarters.

Maybe just fix the error so only 1 LP is discounted, but don't cancel the sale. That is BAD business. I, for one, will think twice before ordering again after they pulled this shit. How can you take them on their word ever again?

^^^

No, it IS bad business.

As a corporation, they need to stand behind their coupons/statements. If someone screwed up, so be it. But this is just pissing people off. It's like walking a kid through an arcade with no quarters.

Maybe just fix the error so only 1 LP is discounted, but don't cancel the sale. That is BAD business. I, for one, will think twice before ordering again after they pulled this shit. How can you take them on their word ever again?

Hahahaha! What?

Maybe just fix the error so only 1 LP is discounted, but don't cancel the sale.

I'd be willing to bet this will be their next move. I'm sure the calls/e-mails are coming in but they are buried in shipping out the product from their initial mistake.

Judging from the last two days, setting it up so the code so it only discounts one item isn't as easy as we think it should be.

I'm willing to bet this is exactly what happened. The coupon should have taken 30% off of one item, but it obviously wasn't set up properly on their end. So, this thread blows up and in less than two days, they have a huge amount of orders pouring in. Someone notices it, realizes what has happened, realizes the amount of potential profit they are loosing isn't outweighed by the amount of product they are moving and puts a stop on the discount. Knowing that cancelling all the orders that have been generated because of their mistake will only piss off the new/repeat customers, they fill the orders, take the hit and move on.

It's not bad business, since they are following through on their mistake, it's just a logical move on their part to stay profitable.

This is the most likely scenario. There is no conspiracy.

^^^

No, it IS bad business.

This is quite an overreaction.

Hahaha. Not bad eh? I was gonna go with "kid in a candy store", but went with arcade last minute. Lololol

It just makes no sense...are you referring to the fact that the complaints amount to a child that didn't get their way and is throwing a fit?

Because that's what this seems like to me, and I would never defend Hastings.