GO HASTINGS 30% off all vinyl...

Ordered 4 records - Soundgarden, Buke and Gase, !!!, and Postal Service. They arrived in a huge box with a weird inner cardboard placer with those plastic air pockets. Wonderful shipping job. The Postal Service was the 3xLP in standard black - if anyone was wondering if they happened to be the colored version - and the Superunknown is the 200-gram 2xLP reissue. Postal Service is a little banged up, but as David The Gnome said, I'm considering it likely that it happened before shipping, hence the sale. I'm happy to have Superunknown, but anyone paying 60 bucks for it, like the OP said, is a sucker. There's like 7 of them on Discogs for significantly cheaper.

What did you get, blood?

Minus The Bear - Lost Loves (came on super smokey clear yellow)

Minus The Bear - Planet of Ice 2xLP (came on solid purple)

Not sure why I sold my old copy of Planet of Ice on clear/purple swirl. One of my bigger vinyl regrets. According to the labels on this new pressing it has 2 D-sides (typo on the B ). Oof.

I don't mean this to be instigating but...are corner bends that big of a deal?  Especially on 30% off sale items?  I mean, a corner bend on a brand new copy of the new Jessica Lea Mayfield Elliot Smith cover record- unforgivable.  But anything else seems like a minor irritant.

I don't mean this to be instigating but...are corner bends that big of a deal? Especially on 30% off sale items? I mean, a corner bend on a brand new copy of the new Jessica Lea Mayfield Elliot Smith cover record- unforgivable. But anything else seems like a minor irritant.

Is that record any good? Thought about picking it up since I like Seth Avett and Elliot Smith.

Got my remaining records in a box today with some sealed air packets to protect. Most have corner dings, not gonna complain TOO much about those but they should know better. The worst thing was they sent me an opened album with severe damage on it. I ordered it brand new. DEFINITELY going to complain to customer service about this one. I never have issues with GH. Ever. In fact I almost always praise them for their prices and the way they usually ship records. 

I just got my single record shipment. It was shipped in a record mailer but had no additional support or protection. The bottom right corner is creased but it looks like that happened in the store because the mailer isn't bent. Hopefully the lp is flat.

Edit: LPs are flat and awesome. I'll deal with the bent corner.

Rumours 2xLP @ 45RPM arrived as ordered in an LP mailer. Fortunately all is well with sleeves/disks.

BUT ... the second item (Superunknown) Hastings shipped King Animal instead. It was packed amazingly tho! Double boxed in some odd mailer looked to be intended for boxed sets .. woulda been nice to get Rumours in this but I digress.

Gonna cut losses and have asked to just return King Animal as I didn't like what I was reading about this pressing of Superunknown.

Wow, got a reply back from GH (very automated it seems) and they "cannot" replace the record, but sent a prepaid return label so I can get a refund. :-( this is just sad.

They operate the same way on ebay. Figured it would be slightly different dealing with them directly. I asked them before I go through the hassle of getting a refund and re-ordering the record if they could tell me if their other stock had bent corners & looked like it was rubbed against a cheese grater.

Their response "We 100% GUARANTEE all new products to be in new condition and in the original packaging. Unfortunately, all we have to go by is the information that is listed on each product page. It would be almost impossible to give you an accurate description of the item being that these orders are filled by our brick and mortar stores. "

Good deals though! My first record showed up flawlessly. My other package should be arriving tomorrow. 

Wow, got a reply back from GH (very automated it seems) and they "cannot" replace the record, but sent a prepaid return label so I can get a refund. :-( this is just sad.

Same thing happened to me. Kind of annoying. I'm sure the refund won't include any of the original shipping cost but when I reorder I'll have to pay shipping again for a gamble of getting a better copy.

Got my 3 LPs today. Only one minor corner bend on the Fleet Foxes s/t. No seam splits, hooray!

My only gripe would be that they pretty much crammed all 3 records (Fleet Foxes being a double LP) into a mailer made to ship ONE LP. This seems like a risky way to ship records, but they probably do it to save on shipping.