Doghouse Records - Old Records sale (Four Minute Mile, Woodson, AAR, etc)

After not responding to my Paypal requests, and no communication, I escalated to a claim. They refunded my money. It seems like they are shipping now too. Whatever. So weird.

Weird, they replied to my Limbeck dispute on the same day I opened it. Then I replied back pointing out some basic things they could work on from a customer service stand point. Got a refund a few days later and then an email saying they were "sorry for the fucked preorder process" and that they would try and be better.

Got this a couple days ago. No idea we were preordering. (Re:4MM)

Hold on. Wasn't their original claim that they had come across some old stock, and were therefor putting them up for sale? This really doesn't make sense to me. Why make that claim, why have a very limited amount available for sale which sold out pretty quickly, why wait more than a month to slyly say that it's a new pressing they're waiting on?

It really doesn't bother me one way or the other. This just reeks of something not quite right.

i think they probably thought he was talking about say anything PO or was just copying and pasting the same response and going through say anything emails and just assumed that one was one of em? 

its really the only thing that makes sense. 

i think they probably thought he was talking about say anything PO or was just copying and pasting the same response and going through say anything emails and just assumed that one was one of em? 

its really the only thing that makes sense. 

That is word for word the exact thing they said for the Say Anything PO, so my guess is they thought the email was about that and not 4MM.

The Colossus of the Fall 7" (not adevrtised as such, by the way) and Majority Of One LP arrived today. I am sure this is all dead stock and whatnot. But damn, these two look like they came from the back of someone's collection where they sat neglected. Bent corners, ringwear like crazy on the LP and best of all...the LP itself is warped to shit. The flimsy vinyl doesn't help either.

Thank you, Doghouse. Another winningest effort.

The Colossus of the Fall 7" (not adevrtised as such, by the way) and Majority Of One LP arrived today. I am sure this is all dead stock and whatnot. But damn, these two look like they came from the back of someone's collection where they sat neglected. Bent corners, ringwear like crazy on the LP and best of all...the LP itself is warped to shit. The flimsy vinyl doesn't help either.

Thank you, Doghouse. Another winningest effort.

Dude, are you really upset that a record you ordered that was pressed over 12 years ago is flimsy? 180 gram wasnt a fucking thing back then. They said they found old stock of records that came out in the 90's then people complain that it has bent corners and ringwear, what were you expecting?

Dude, are you really upset that a record you ordered that was pressed over 12 years ago is flimsy? 180 gram wasnt a fucking thing back then. They said they found old stock of records that came out in the 90's then people complain that it has bent corners and ringwear, what were you expecting?

I get the disappointment with damage...they never said there would be any, so why would he expect it?

...you don't honestly think that 180g records - or thick records in general - are a modern creation, do you? Maybe thicker pressings weren't as prevalent 12 years ago, but I assure you that just because every label wasn't touting "180g AUDIOPHILEZ REKKIDZ" on every hype sticker that it wasn't because the technology didn't exist.