PO Now: Wilco - Star Wars

As I'm sure everyone knows, the entire album is available for free download, but will be available on vinyl.

Please note, this is a preorder. This item and any items ordered with it will ship on or near November 21st.

Customers will receive an instant Mp3 download of the entire album upon checkout.

Pressed on 180G vinyl and includes a coupon for a full album download. Star Wars is the Grammy-award winning Wilco’s ninth studio album released on their own, dBpm Records. Recorded at The Loft in Chicago, Star Wars boasts 11 new originals. Produced by Jeff Tweedy with Tom Schick. Engineered and mixed by Tom Schick with Jeff Tweedy. Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering, Portland, ME

EKG / More… / Random Name Generator / The Joke Explained / You Satellite / Taste the Ceiling / Pickled Ginger / Where Do I Begin / Cold Slope / King Of You / Magnetized

http://starwars.kungfustore.com/

Well it's certainly better than (The Album).
Need to give it a lot of listens before it finds it's spot in the catalog ranking.
But there are a lot of strong tracks - Random Name Generator, You Satellite, Taste The Ceiling, Cold Slope, King of You.
I like it as a whole. And I like how concise it is. And I like that it was a surprise. Thanks, Wilco.

No real reason to preorder this, looking forward to getting a copy locally.

Yep

After a couple listens, I'm liking this quite a bit & will probably pick up a copy.

I've had to get over the fact that it lacks the melancholy 'Wilco sound' in the Summerteeth-to-Sky Blue Sky era sense. What it DOES sound like Is harder to pin down. Maybe a more concise 'Whole Love' against a mishmash of Pavement, US Maple, & Boris (the guitar tone)??

crazy

I probably saw Wilco a dozen times from AM - A Ghost is Born. The Jay era was unreal - both live and recorded. There's just something special about a Jeff and Jay combo. ;)  Was disappointed when Jay left, but A Ghost Is Born is a killer album. Have found the albums mostly un-listenable since. I have met very few (if any) folks my age that were fans of Wilco (and Tupelo) back in the day and enjoy the contribution Nels makes to the band. I've got a lot of respect for Nels as a guitarist, and as a fellow gearhead have always been interested in his board; I just prefer Wilco without him.

wow, I am surprised at some of the negative views on their recent stuff. 

Except for Wilco (the Album), which I admit I havent gone back to give another shot since it came out, I have dug every single thing they have done, and across all their line-up changes.  The early, and Bennet years, are probably the best overall, but I absolutely LOVE 'The Whole Love'!! Maybe not every song, but I thought it was a solid turn for them and a great album on the whole. Different, but freaking good!

I really only scanned this new one last night and it didn't grab me, but I am encouraged by some of the discussion here... gonna give it a good solid spin this evening....

One Sunday Morning off the whole love is my fav Wilco song ever

They are doing the entire album now at Pitchfork fest. Only Wilco would decide to play an entire album that is a day old at a festival

I have seen them about 20 times....Tuesday at Red Rocks was in my top ever

Best Wilco show ever I attended was Night 4 of last years Chicago residency....

I can say without a doubt in my opinion the best american band of the last 20 years

wow, I am surprised at some of the negative views on their recent stuff. 

Except for Wilco (the Album), which I admit I havent gone back to give another shot since it came out, I have dug every single thing they have done, and across all their line-up changes.  The early, and Bennet years, are probably the best overall, but I absolutely LOVE 'The Whole Love'!! Maybe not every song, but I thought it was a solid turn for them and a great album on the whole. Different, but freaking good!

I really only scanned this new one last night and it didn't grab me, but I am encouraged by some of the discussion here... gonna give it a good solid spin this evening....

Agreed, the only Wilco album that didn't do a much for me is Sky Blue Sky, it's still solid, just not my favorite.