Deafheaven - New Bermuda

The first half of the song is terrible and the second half has me stoked for the rest. So torn.

I really dig the whole track, but I can see why fans of Sunbather wouldn't dig it.

To me, the main drawback on the track is that guitar melody/solo. I did not like the guitar tone, and the melody didn't really fit for me... Maybe it'll grow on me.

As a big fan of all different types of metal, I'm really excited for this release. Though I thought the segue from the ending to the piano could've been more of a musical transition, the piano part was nice, and the song was excellent.

I listened to this song once and made an immediate definite forever opinion on it. There's no way this track would ever grow on me. Deafheaven's music is immediate and uncomplicated. I have made up my mind. I have cancelled my New Bermuda pre-order and retroactively cancelled my Sunbather pre-order. 

I listened to this song once and made an immediate definite forever opinion on it. There's no way this track would ever grow on me. Deafheaven's music is immediate and uncomplicated. I have made up my mind. I have cancelled my New Bermuda pre-order and retroactively cancelled my Sunbather pre-order. 

Haha brilliant

ITT: People who think it doesn't.

Listen to a shit version of a song then listen to it on vinyl. Guarantee you think a bit differently about it. Even if slightly.

Implying that all pressings are perfect and far superior? Please. Bitrate also doesn't change a song drastically except for quality; its still the same song.

Im more than happy to buy the lossy version off bandcamp when its out and tell you my same opinion. 

I really dig the whole track, but I can see why fans of Sunbather wouldn't dig it.

To me, the main drawback on the track is that guitar melody/solo. I did not like the guitar tone, and the melody didn't really fit for me... Maybe it'll grow on me.

As a big fan of all different types of metal, I'm really excited for this release. Though I thought the segue from the ending to the piano could've been more of a musical transition, the piano part was nice, and the song was excellent.

This hits on a lot of the things that bug me about this track.

That guitar solo tone is fucking terrible. At least throw a little delay on there to soften it up. That little flourish would go a LONG way.

2nd, that fadeout -> Piano solo is SUPER fucking lazy songwriting.

The track fades out... implying an ending, oh and then we're going to play a piano part at the end. Just combine them together! Fading out on the piano would have been so sick.

Really on the fence about it. I hate the structure of it, the mix and the guitar tones are way too rough. The last minute saves it. I feel like FTKOTC was way better and they should have just adapted that and ran with it.

This. So much this. Although Kettle is a direct descendent of Sunbather's style, I could get 20 more albums in that style and still never be satisfied.

Thinking about cancelling my pre-order and just buying the CD somewhere.

The mix and production on this album is just awful.

So we've got Metallica, Sixpence, and Oasis. What else goes into the blender?

You forgot Slayer. The "Raining Blood" triplet section in the beginning of the song is, well... straight out of Slayer.

Wow. Really?

I just find it boring. I think the gimmick (for lack of a better word) of their music has worn off and it's just not really capturing my attention.

I'm going to address this because it is obviously directed at me - 

Yes I canceled my preorder for this record. Does that mean I've made a final judgement on the album as a whole? Not at all. Does that mean I won't actually purchase this record? Nope. It does mean I'd rather save the money of getting a cool limited pressing of a record when I will be able to get a less limited pressing for well under half the price at my local record store when it is released.

And I still love Sunbather and have zero regret about my epic journey to obtain a copy of the splatter pressing.

listening to the track made me bummed i decided not to buy the 2xLP when they put it up. the i remember the price and then remembered why i didn't get it.

good track overall. like DarcX mentioned, i like that it's distinguished yet familiar from Sunbather.

speaking of Sunbather, i've been debating on selling off my variants, including my 1st press clear w/splatter /300 version. that thing still going for stupid money?