Deafheaven - New Bermuda

Bahaha what a pitchfork-esque review.

"The drums swell and pound with the treble of a stormy sea and the shoreline is just out of a sight but you can feel its lingering presence as an invisible beacon of hope in the distance.  This new Deafheaven track is embittered by the elements and transcends the uniformity of your every day metal band."

Hahahahahahahaha. That had me laughing. It's like they typed a word and right-clicked thesaurus on all of it. 

Invisible beacon of hope? What the fuck does that even mean? How do you see hope? How do you see it if it's invisible? What.

I'm still stoked for this album though, ridiculous review(s) or not.

P4K reviewers are always try-hards. It's one of the many things I can't stand about the site and its writing. 

It's beyond ridiculous.

Just say that the drum patterns are fucking sick, the bass line is gnarly, the vocals are melodically deadly as always, and we can't wait to hear more! Done. How hard is that. 

I don't need shit like "tremolo picked guitar leads that burn like hell fire" and shit like that. Don't write me a damn poem. Write me an honest, yet critical review without being such a try-hard. 

I've always had a hard time getting into Deafheaven. Never understood the hype but I do enjoy this track more then anything else I've ever heard but I would have to agree that the guitar solo tone is pretty bad as well as the transition to piano.

However, what I can say is that since their existence people have argued over some element of them! Wether it's been what genre they are, the progression they've made album to album, or wether they worship satan, etc. And I think.... that means they are really really good.