PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

Well, as always, there's youtube for that.

Takk on the other hand I'd also say is pronounced "tack" but the a is short like in the word 'up'

Btw the music direct listing for Takk says colored vinyl, I guess that's misinformation, or should I get my hopes up? (even though I think black just fits it perfectly already)

There is no G sound in the pronounciation of their name. Not that I particularly care nor will I correct someone in person – especially since it's a treat to converse with fellow SR fans outside of the internet – but the "Sigur" is more accurately along the lines of "seer".

Back when Agaetis came out I wanted to really try and say their name correctly. From the research I did, you are right. And Ros is pronounced "Roos". So, "Seer Roos". I do feel dumb sometimes saying it correctly since more people pronounce it incorrectly.

Back when Agaetis came out I wanted to really try and say their name correctly. From the research I did, you are right. And Ros is pronounced "Roos". So, "Seer Roos". I do feel dumb sometimes saying it correctly since more people pronounce it incorrectly.

Definitely. I'm not one to be snobby about technical pronunciations, but I've definitely had to purse my lips a time or two after hearing "Sugar Rose" in person.

I know what you mean. I felt the same way for years whenever I'd mention Tool's Aenima, and pronounce it correctly as "on-eh-ma". They'd just give me this bewildered look, and then say, "Oooooh, you mean Enima!", and then carry on that Tool was their favorite band. Yeah, sometimes it is just easier to pronounce it the way everybody else does, and just avoid the pronunciation argument entirely.  

Definitely. I'm not one be snobby about technical pronunciations, but I've definitely had to purse my lips a time or two after hearing "Sugar Rose" in person.

Yeah. One guy who works at my local shop was telling me how he has original presses of every Sigur Ros album, and how he's been listening to them for well over a decade, then proceeded to call them Sigger Ross. Then I felt like a douche asking if they could order ( ) by Seer Rose for me.

Yeah. One guy who works at my local shop was telling me how he has original presses of every Sigur Ros album, and how he's been listening to them for well over a decade, then proceeded to call them Sigger Ross. Then I felt like a douche asking if they could order ( ) by Seer Rose for me.

As well you fucking should you silly sod

After researching to get the band name pronunciation right, and also finding out that they call ( ) - 'brackets' - I forget exactly what my daughter called it when she was nine, I think 'the white CD"  with the finger gestures for parentheses

And dang, we say 'tock'  - so I have to go home tonight and tell about the repress of 'tack' - which is her favorite. Funny looks await. And we have an OG heirloom.  (plus a bullmoose RP if they come through).

Music Direct still has both Takk and () but it's $10+ FedEx shipping only. It's free shipping on 100 bucks orders so I'm looking around for something else splurge-y to add but it's all overpriced junk. If I wait too long they'll be gone... maybe I should just eat the shipping..

EDIT: Unless their () for sale isn't clear /3000, it's doesn't say any color.

EDIT AGAIN: Screw it, I'm ordering both from Acoustic Sounds because it clearly states clear vinyl and I'm eating the shipping. I am not good at buying records but I'll be glad when they're here.

Guest Secular Haze

Music Direct still has both Takk and () but it's $10+ FedEx shipping only. It's free shipping on 100 bucks orders so I'm looking around for something else splurge-y to add but it's all overpriced junk. If I wait too long they'll be gone... maybe I should just eat the shipping..

EDIT: Unless their () for sale isn't clear /3000, it's doesn't say any color.

EDIT AGAIN: Screw it, I'm ordering both from Acoustic Sounds because it clearly states clear vinyl and I'm eating the shipping. I am not good at buying records but I'll be glad when they're here.

They don't honor the free shipping on pre-orders.