PO: The World Is A Beautiful Place... - Harmlessness

But it's truly about the music right? Right guys? We surely don't care about some silly colors.... Nope...

We've established the album [music] is incredible.  Now we're discussing variants – and I'd wager to say they should all sound similar.  If anything, the "violet" (white) is probably prone to more noise.

We've established the album [music] is incredible. Now we're discussing variants – and I'd wager to say they should all sound similar. If anything, the "violet" (white) is probably prone to more noise.

Why? I think you'd have to know the temperature the stamper was at. If it was set properly, color or blend of colors shouldn't make a difference. Although sometimes I swear clear vinyl sounds the best. More than likely I just happen to have several clear albums that were done really well though.

Why? I think you'd have to know the temperature the stamper was at. If it was set properly, color or blend of colors shouldn't make a difference. Although sometimes I swear clear vinyl sounds the best. More than likely I just happen to have several clear albums that were done really well though.

Because white vinyl carries the stigmata of generally being more noisy than any other color of vinyl (except GITD).

Because white vinyl carries the stigmata of generally being more noisy than any other color of vinyl (except GITD).

really? I just don't like white cause it gets dirty looking quicker than other colors. White shouldn't be any more noisy, and has the benefit of being one of the least likely colors to warp (due to white absorbing less heat). The noisiest copies will be the violet and pink since I believe you need to hand form the pellets for those 2 color variants (I could be wrong) and they can introduce dirt and oil from their hands resulting in surface noise. This is to my understanding why color in color, half and half, splatter and starburst can all potentially have higher surface noise than variants you don't have to hand form the pellets

Yeah but I'm just saying I've never heard any science to back that up. Wanna prove something, gotta know science facts.

Nor have I, I was simply answering your question "Why?" in relation to the purple/white being prone to noise. Generally anytime white vinyl is brought up here the "prone to surface noise" discussion starts. And of course there are those who just don't like the color. 

In either case I just ordered the Hot Topic yellow variant of this album for $19.65 shipped to store with the 30% off coupon. Yay.

Yup. "Where there's smoke..."

I don't have a pie chart or excel spreadsheet for you, but many members can attest to white vinyl sounding much noisier than not, over the years of listening to records here at VC. There are exceptions, but that's the common principle for anyone who's owned a fair share of white vinyl in the past. Other fun facts that don't necessarily have scientific stats to back them up, but still hold widely true –

• Glow-in-the-dark vinyl typically sounds like balls.

• Pirate Press "haze" variants contain gritty sand residue.

• Clear or black vinyl usually sound the best.

• 180 gram vinyl sounds identical to 140 gram.

• 45-RPM records feature superior sound quality.

Yup. "Where there's smoke..."

I don't have a pie chart or excel spreadsheet for you, but many members can attest to white vinyl sounding much noisier than not, over the years of listening to records here at VC. There are exceptions, but that's the common principle for anyone who's owned a fair share of white vinyl in the past. Other fun facts that don't necessarily have scientific facts to back them up, but still hold widely true –

• Glow-in-the-dark vinyl typically sounds like balls.

• Pirate Press "haze" variants contain gritty sand residue.

• Clear or black vinyl typically sound the best.

• 180 gram vinyl sounds identical to 140 gram.

• 45-RPM records feature superior sound quality.

double-backing clear vinyl being far superior to anything else. It has the looks and the sounds and the feels.

Gonna go against the majority here apparently and say that I've had no outstanding problems with any the white albums I own more than any other color (which all colors I have issues with are usually caused by bad pressing in general, improper mastering, etc). I have white records -- Caspian's Dust and Disquiet being the most recent example -- that sound much better than some poorly pressed clear records I own.

white sounds just as good as black on my floral print crosley. idk what you guys are making a big deal about.

True that. (Mine is Camo tho.)

In all seriousness, my Desaparecidos white Payola sounds phenomenal. It also has none of those traces of other pellet colors that are often seen. 

Anyway...I'm ready for my White/Purple Harmlessness to show. Should be here by Saturday. Hopefully before Joaquin hits next week. It'll blow away (or not even get delivered).

Hot topic just canceled my order from a couple days ago saying their version is out of stock. Not very happy about this considering they already charged my card full price for my order and wouldn't let me cancel the other item in the order as well. I probably wouldn't be so pissed about this if the copy I preordered at a show was here but I haven't even gotten a shipping conformation for that yet. Also, before anyone replays saying blah blah they are a small company whatever, save it, I don't care. I already paid for it and we are almost a week past the realese date. Hire somebody or something.