PO: Baroness - Purple

Got my Baroness preorder today. I ordered a Black/Purple variant and a Purple Marble variant. They sent me 2 Purple Marble copies. I really hope they can rectify this issue.

I ordered the exact same thing you did from Pledge and was concerned that both albums came without a sticker or invoice to differentiate the two copies, I had to open to to verify. I was lucky and got the correct order.

I haven't listened to a FLAC copy. Did pledgemusic make that available? I bought my record at a local shop and the download was only MP3. The drum clipping really annoys me. The rest of the recording isn't nearly as bad as that.

Yeah the FLAC files are available via Pledge Music. Still haven't had a chance to check them out. Maybe between Xmas and new year I'll sit down and try to compare them.

Also, Desperation Burns is currently the standout track on the album for me.

seems like the vinyl (maybe it's my copy) has a lot more surface noise and clipping.

My copy was clean (purple marble) and had much less clipping than the MP3s. The vinyl sounds way better, and its obviously a different (better) master.  I listened to the MP3s in my car yesterday and was really bummed out. I may have to rip the vinyl myself.

Yeah the FLAC files are available via Pledge Music. Still haven't had a chance to check them out. Maybe between Xmas and new year I'll sit down and try to compare them.

Also, Desperation Burns is currently the standout track on the album for me.

Please let us know about the FLAC.  I love Desperation Burns - definitely one of my favorites on the album.

Sorry for those that got rough copies of this. I plan on picking it up at my hometown shop while I'm back this weekend.

Side note: "Shock Me" may be my favorite song of the year. How can you listen to it and not want to rock out so hard? The guy sitting next to me on the train must hate me right about now.

I finally got this on the turntable today. My wife walked into the room and said something was wrong with my speakers. Haven't had a chance to listen to the DL, but "blown out" seems to be a good description of the sound.

I'm gonna have to spin this again because I think we have similar setups. I thought it sounded pretty good.

*** edit ***

It's actually kind of harsh.