That Monument Valley is an absolute must-buy. One of the best VG soundtracks of recent.

I actually contacted the ustwo guys about doing it myself, but iam8bit beat me to the punch. They've done an incredible job on the release though. Never mind. Got something in the works that will (hopefully) blow some minds.

Anyone know a good way to contact Ship To Shore? My Mother soundtrack's obi strip was stuck to the jacket with glue or something and it ripped trying to get it unstuck. I tried their Storenvy contact form and their email listed on the site but they won't respond.

Good luck. Ship to Store has the worst customer service out of any label I've every experienced. If they don't straighten up then they'll be out of business soon enough.

The Banner Saga Vinyl has just been announced on iam8bit!

03-Banner_Saga-Social_Media_1080-iam8bit

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/vinyl/products/the-banner-saga-vinyl-soundtrack-2xlp

WOW, I haven't even played the game but that artwork is extremely appealing to me. Wish it wasn't $40 because I'm checking out the soundtrack right now and digging it :/

Why are video game OSTs expensive in general? They are prob the most novelty genre out right now. Granted, some scores are actually good, but why is the median like $40-50. That's almost as expensive as a game itself, lol.

It's likely that VG soundtracks demand smaller pressing numbers than movie OSTs (for example, far more people are likely to buy the soundtrack for The Revenant than The Banner Saga). Obviously if you press fewer records, you need to sell them for a little more to cover pressing costs and make a bit of profit.

Whatever happened to that company who were potentially gonna do MGS1? I could have sworn there was something about that a while back. Didn't they have someone who owned the rights working for/with them?

If that happens, I will throw so much damn money at it!

Novu Records? Yeah i'm so ready for MGS and Kingdom Hearts from them. but no updates yet on anything from them.

Talk about Moonshake complaining about inconsistencies, he couldn't be any less humble if he tried.

About the Pokemon record: 'The most annoying being that they list the record is $50, which I did not authorize them to do whatsoever'

Just like GAME FREAK (who have legal digital music here) didn't authorize you to sell in the first place, right.

'I do not and have NEVER done this for money whatsoever'

Sure thing, I'm sure it was all going to the Mega Man and Zelda composers from the very start, right.

'not shitty vinyl “collectors” that buy records only as trophies to show off to other collectors.'

Half your audience mate.

'If all I cared about was ripping off nerds, I could just infinitely repress the mega man 2 or Zelda albums.'

Or you could bootleg a load of other releases.

'But Im not trying to be a business.'

Good luck with that Snatcher license.

'you can see how many labels have quickly popped up after me'

Ignoring the hundreds of game records released before him.

'uninspired soundtrack album design that’s generic as hell' 

Reference to his own bad album art.

'though for the record there are still labels like Iam8bit and datadiscs do awesome quality work and everyone should support them'

I'm sure they totally respect what all the hard work Moonshake does too.

Ninja Gaiden is coming out? I don't think Keiji Yamagishi/Brave Wave would be very happy about that (who they work closely with) at least they work directly with the original artists, do people actually believe he's sending all that profit from the Pokemon records to Junichi Masuda? Why such the big deal, it's half-ass work made out to be some glorious bootleg revolution. You can't make up excuses until you at least try attempt going legit, and asking your mailing list for lawyer help doesn't make it any easier.