Antique store find, apparently does not exist on the internet?

mwhite85

Looking for information on a LP I picked up earlier this summer. All the info I have is posted over at Discogs, including photos. Not even a peep on it over there, wondering if anyone has seen it before? And if not, who would know what it may be worth?

Have found listings for other "Audition Supertone" pressings, but not this one. Not on searches, eBay, Discogs  (except for my posting below), YouTube etc...

Even searched the VC forum, that's what initially brought me here to post.

Beyond it's intrinsic, and inquisitive value  :D . But ANY insight or info would be most welcome.

http://www.discogs.com/Arturo-and-his-Orchestra-Violins-in-Velvet/release/7131690

"Violins In Velvet - Moods for Moderns played by ARTRUO and his Orchestra"

R-7131690-1434418326-1302.jpeg.jpg

Before the snarky and cynical comments and retorts start piling up...and they will as it's typical around here with such queries...I will be as forthcoming and honest in answering your question. 

There will be no real useful answer from anyone here. It's extremely rare when anyone at all here has any knowledge or info on older records such as this one you have. 

Additionally, any time a query arises from anyone on seeking to know a particular record's "worth" and "value", it will be met with extremely sarcastic and almost-aggressive replies and answers because in today's record collecting scene and community, especially those who are younger and more "idealistic", it's all about the music and the bands and not what something is worth a la comic books and beanie babies. 

This is, after all...

THE HOBBY!!!

Yeah, as JH said this is not the place. More likely to find someone who knows something about it or the label on Audio Asylum or Steve Hoffman Forums. Maybe Waxidermy. Or Instagram. Putting it on Discogs is a good start. Someone else will eventually either have it or look for it. Maybe put up a note as a review with your Discogs listing asking for info.

There are very few money records that have yet to be discovered and when some new private "grail" is established, it definitely will not be a schmaltzy light classical album!

If you like it, play it. If not, re-donate it.

threads like this are so funny because it's always completely arbitrary whether or not people are going to absolutely rip on the OP. some person could make this same thread in 3 days and it would probably go way worse for them.

I guess there are mixed reactions in here, but I love these threads when one person decides to be nice, and then everyone following isn't a complete ass.

I don't think it's silly or ill-advised to inquire the members of a vinyl-enthusiast forum about information regarding a specific release. But I will say that there are probably hundreds or thousands of vinyl releases from the 50's - 70's that have been lost to time and have yet to be rediscovered.

That being said, OP, it's unlikely to be anything of worth, since there is so little information or interest. It can be surmised that this is not a coveted album.

Check out some of the records from that label around the time of its release. Most of them are owned by a couple of people, but none of them are in anyone's "want list." That pretty much signals that they aren't at all coveted, and even if they're rare, they aren't worth anything if no one wants them. As with most music of this style, today's generation of collectors just doesn't care, largely due to the fact that it bears little-to-no relevance to the music that came after it. 

I'll add that I recently found a mid-90's hip-hop 12" that wasn't on Discogs, but popsike had a listing for it that sold for $100+, and the releases from the same label around that time were selling for similar amounts. Just remember - Discogs is user created, so there will certainly be omissions and errors. But in your case, it's more likely that it's because no one cares about the album. Generic classical pop albums from the late 50's are a dime a dozen all across the US. 

The OP hasn't even signed back in since he made the post. Imagine having to come back to half sincere, half screwing around posts all at once when you return to your topic.

Yeah, we should at least get this to 1/4 sincere, 3/4 screwing around by the time they sign back in.