PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

One of my "pick up at store" reservations for the clear edition was processed and is being held till the 22nd. It's in Mississippi. I'm in Illinois. Anyone want to help me out?

I bet SOMEONE here is willing to go get it, keep it, and never ever talk to you again.

Exactly. That's why I'm on hold with B&N to see if I can have it transferred to a store closer to me or they can use the copy they have on hold for me at that store as the one for my order.

One way or the other, good luck to you on getting your hands on it. Not a lot of people on here were lucky enough to get one.

My friend managed to grab me one (clear) today at his local B&N, some delayed shipments are trickling in. Most stores seem to only be getting 1 or 2 at the maximum if any at all.

Do you know if it showed in stock on the site for that location, or is the inventory system not matching up...?

None by me have shown it in stock in days so I assume it isn't worth looking, but maybe I should stop in.

a bunch of stores near my or other family have shown the clear going in and out of stock the past 2 days. but when I've called them they said they did not actually have any. also tried reserving from the website just to get an email a few minutes later from all of them saying it wasn't available. I'd imagine it'll take some luck to snag one in stores still.

a bunch of stores near my or other family have shown the clear going in and out of stock the past 2 days. but when I've called them they said they did not actually have any. also tried reserving from the website just to get an email a few minutes later from all of them saying it wasn't available. I'd imagine it'll take some luck to snag one in stores still.

What's going on is the scumbags are reserving them all and the dumbass crew isn't doing anything about it.  

I had an employee take my reserved copy. 100% convinced. I had reserved it online at a store and then called twenty minutes before the store opened. One guy (who said he didnt work the music section) had it in hand and read the damn sticker to me even. Confirmed it was clear and that it was definitely mine per the reservation i made. Left my name taped to it. Another employee calls me back ten minutes later and said that they never got any copies so my reservation was cancelled. Said the guy earlier was "confused". Manager refused to help me. Ended up with one from another store so im done shopping at the other one.

I had an employee take my reserved copy. 100% convinced. I had reserved it online and then called twenty minutes before the store opened. One guy (who said he didnt work the music section) had it in hand and read the damn sticker to me even. Confirmed it was clear and that it was definitely mine per the reservation i made. Left my name taped to it. Another employee calls me back ten minutes later and said that they never got any copies so my reservation was cancelled. Manager refused to help me. Ended up with one from another store so im done shopping at the other one.

You should dispute the transaction just to spite them.

Never actually paid. Its their "reservation" form on the website when a location shows as having one in stock. Received an email confirmation that it was mine and that first employee who answered the phone said the same. I'll probably complain to corporate. Might end up with a free bookmark and a half assed apology! Bastards.

Do you know if it showed in stock on the site for that location, or is the inventory system not matching up...?

None by me have shown it in stock in days so I assume it isn't worth looking, but maybe I should stop in.

Yes, it did. However they didn't actually have it yet, the shipment was just delivered and wasn't unpacked, he reserved and phoned the minute they opened.