PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

Official Preorder: http://store.davidbowie.com/blackstar.html(Black $29.99. Clear [/5000] $31.99.)

On Amazon now for $29.99 with a January 8 release date.

Blackstar is David Bowie's 28th studio album and his first since stunning the world in 2013 with the critically acclaimed 'The Next Day'. The release date for Blackstar coincides with David's birthday. The album's title track is the first single, and is accompanied by a short film visual by the acclaimed director Johan Renck. Music from the Blackstar single has been featured in the opening title credits and trailers for the new TV series The Last Panthers. The series, also directed by Johan Renck, began airing across Europe in late October, 2015, and will premiere in the U.S. on SundanceTV in Spring, 2016. In addition to the CD and digital albums, a special die-cut vinyl LP package will also be available.

It seems like the clear version has sold out on his site...seems to be a barnes & noble exclusive though, just ordered it here

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blackstar-david-bowie/29267324?ean=0888751871816

The new single sounds incredible, really grabbed my attention for this record.

Finally got to watch the full video. Blech. The guy who shot that cheesy and pretentious slop should be slapped. Vibrating professional dance troupe, boring imagery, and cheesy stage sets? I felt like I was watching a high school dance performance directed by a 16 year old. The song itself is okay, I guess. Could have been edited down to about 4-5 minutes and would have improved.  If this single is any indication of what the album will sound like, I hope he lives long enough to make another record. I am a huge Bowie fan and I don't want to see him go out like that.

Finally got to watch the full video. Blech. The guy who shot that cheesy and pretentious slop should be slapped. Vibrating professional dance troupe, boring imagery, and cheesy stage sets? I felt like I was watching a high school dance performance directed by a 16 year old. The song itself is okay, I guess. Could have been edited down to about 4-5 minutes and would have improved.  If this single is any indication of what the album will sound like, I hope he lives long enough to make another record. I am a huge Bowie fan and I don't want to see him go out like that.

Funny, i am not such  big Bowie fan but i like much lp's of him but i think the video is great and this song i like very much! Just a different taste i think.