PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

http://www.factmag.com/2015/11/26/david-bowie-blackstar-inspired-by-death-grips-and-boards-of-canada/

http://www.stereogum.com/1845506/david-bowies-blackstar-was-inspired-by-kendrick-lamar-features-james-murphy-and-possible-reference-to-isis/news/

Inspired by Death Grips, Kendrick Lamar and Boards of Canada. Glad the first single didn't sound like dad rock.

He also hired a jazz group for this album, the drummer is pretty damn good. Can't wait for this release.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

bought this on my way home. great packaging as mentioned.

I'm loving that I walked into a record shop and bought a new David Bowie album, nearly 50 years after my Dad probably did the exact same thing with Bowie's first.

I doubt my Dad will like this album much if at all... which makes it even funnier. I like one of his favorites at age 69 that he liked when Bowie was probably 20.

The clear variant is fetching some good money on ebay... Which made me want to track down a copy. Went to Barnes and Noble because it said they had it in Stock. Lies. Had this girl call two other stores and one of them said their last copy was being sold as she was on the phone with them. Fml. Ordered online so hopefully I get it...For some reason I feel like Newbury comics will do a variant idk why.

I watched the Lazarus and Blackstar music videos with my dad before I went to the store.. At the end of blackstar all he said was "so he's a blackstar."

I'm in NYC and thought it would be easy to pick one up on my way home from work yesterday. Got to my closest store and there were.3-4 other people asking for the same thing (store was sold out).

Had to call a few different places but found one that still had a couple copies. When I picked it up the guy said a few people were trying to buy my couple before I arrived (this is all within 20 minutes).

Craziness. Guess no one expected this album to be so good.