PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

Man, he has so many albums so he definitely had an awesome, loooong career. After I was done streaming the new one, I checked out some later stuff I wasn't familar with like 'Hours' which I immediately bought afterwards on discogs (some seller has a few copies of the standard MOV pressing for about $13ppd),

My two favourite are Ziggy and Diamond Dogs. With a love of his singles from the other eras.

Arguably one of the most influential musicians/icons/artists/enigmas of all time passes away and the last 2 pages are full of "it's out of stock!!" Just download it who cares DAVID BOWIE IS FUCKING DEAD

Or go into a real record shop and get the standard edition. Album is too good to not listen to today on all days.

Plenty of black copies in stores - personally I like the black better. The whole package is blacked out - black font on black background black label etc. The black looks great.

My local store only got 4 copies of the black and I scooped up the last one last Friday. It really does look fantastic. ...cried all the way to work this morning. 

My clear one came on Saturday. Last night I went to bed early and the last thing I did was play the new album. I woke up this morning and saw the news that he died. That was a little eerie and was the worst way to start the work week.

I've always liked Bowie since I was a little kid. When I was in grade school in the 70's (yes, I'm a dinosaur) I used to play my dad's "Changesonebowie" album all the time.

I've always liked Bowie since I was a little kid. When I was in grade school in the 70's (yes, I'm a dinosaur) I used to play my dad's "Changesonebowie" album all the time.

I did the same thing in grade school, only it was in the nineties ;) I loved his hits as a kid, then worked through his 70s albums in my late teens and king of stopped there with no reason. I still can't say a thing about his post Let's Dance output. 

I'm at work, but the only thing I've been doing for the last seven hours is listeining to the first nine of his albums. Hope to make it to Scary Monsters before I go home.

Arguably one of the most influential musicians/icons/artists/enigmas of all time passes away and the last 2 pages are full of "it's out of stock!!" Just download it who cares DAVID BOWIE IS FUCKING DEAD

I don't think it's unfair to ask about a clear collector press when we've missed it. I do already have the black, but was hunting for a clear yesterday.

It's devastating news - but there will be people trying to make a mint from it. I'd prefer not to buy it from those types.