All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

39 minutes ago, luisgzz13 said:

I am excited with Deviations release, but would love to hear some vinyl treatment for Still sometime soon.

4 minutes ago, highfives said:

Yes

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Definitely

If you peruse through the Discography section of the website it looks like there are a lot of releases coming down the pipe that make very likely make it to vinyl (I'm speculating from the standpoint of his statement on vinyl and text indicating they are trying to make things available again), from what I read:

• Prick - S/T
  • Quake Soundtrack
  • Still (less indication here, but considering the very positive write up it's given I'd say it's not unlikely)

Other stuff that sounds like it might be repressed to DVD:

• Closure
  • And All That Could Have Been

25 minutes ago, daegor said:

If you peruse through the Discography section of the website it looks like there are a lot of releases coming down the pipe that make very likely make it to vinyl (I'm speculating from the standpoint of his statement on vinyl and text indicating they are trying to make things available again), from what I read:

• Prick - S/T
  • Quake Soundtrack
  • Still (less indication here, but considering the very positive write up it's given I'd say it's not unlikely)

Other stuff that sounds like it might be repressed to DVD:

• Closure
  • And All That Could Have Been

Yeah. I mean, I'd love to have every Halo on wax, but I understand albums and EPs make more sense. I'm not super optimistic, but I'm hopeful. 

Not that its necessary, but I wonder what happened to the "hits" package he was gonna do for Interscope.

5 hours ago, keoki said:

Kind of a shame that they didn't put Appendage on the vinyl release of The Fragile. I know it was cassette only but I would expect that from a "definitive" edition.

It's on the Deviations set. Which makes more sense.

Doing an exact replica of the original Fragile 3XLP set... and then adding Appendage... defeats the purpose of doing an exact replica of the original 3XLP set.

Add me to the cautiously optimistic on these. TR's statement is promising, but plenty of artists I think should know better still don't get it. Everything from poor production and mastering, missed opportunities on extra songs and cheap packaging, to poor choice of pressing plant. I hoping for the best on these, but remaining cautious. I don't need Deviations, and I'm going to wait for the few I need to hit retail, mainly so I can see some reviews of the finished product and get more info on the vinyl production.

Very happy these are getting reissued, though. It's about time. Hopefully they are done right!

26 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Add me to the cautiously optimistic on these. TR's statement is promising, but plenty of artists I think should know better still don't get it. Everything from poor production and mastering, missed opportunities on extra songs and cheap packaging, to poor choice of pressing plant. I hoping for the best on these, but remaining cautious. I don't need Deviations, and I'm going to wait for the few I need to hit retail, mainly so I can see some reviews of the finished product and get more info on the vinyl production.

Very happy these are getting reissued, though. It's about time. Hopefully they are done right!

I mean, it's not like we don't have examples to go off of.

Did you like the 2010 release of Pretty Hate Machine?

37 minutes ago, daegor said:

I mean, it's not like we don't have examples to go off of.

Did you like the 2010 release of Pretty Hate Machine?

Or Hesitation Marks?  That was mastered for multiple sources (vinyl and digital).  I thought that LP sounded really good.

Same goes for the soundtrack stuff and HTDA.