Question About Vinyl Collective Pressings

I've come across a number of pressings that say that the record label was Vinyl Collective.  Is this the same vinyl Collective as us?  I mean, there's some awesome pressings including Saves The Day and Every Time I Die.

If this is us, why did we stop?  It looks like we did a decent job.  What went wrong?

I remember this topic coming up years ago and it becoming a shit show, so I don't want that to happen again.  I'm just curious.

Without getting into the nitty gritty, it was/is. Virgil coincided VC with Suburban Home. After SHR went tits up and a lot of drama occurred he sold the VC moniker to SRC since it existed as a community. SRC keeps the lights on, everyone hates on them. VC has and will always be a rebellious bastard child of sorts.

Is it something we can do again, or is it just too much of a shit show of bickering back and forth trying to agree on what to press?

You just love coming up with failed models and reviving them. First trying to compete with discogs, now reviving a label that screwed people out of money. At this point, you might as well as just run for president of the USA.

Vinyl Collective was an imprint of Suburban Home. It was 100% owned and operated by Virgil.

Vinyl Collective Co-Op was a member run label. There were 200 individual owners with virgil operating as the head. He was a shit head and misappropriated Vinyl Collective Co Op funds into his dying label. 

Leave Vinyl Collective and Vinyl Collective Co-Op dead and buried. 

I never knew vc did a Saves the Day album, which one was that?

they didn't. There were 100 different variants and the VC/suburban home store got an exclusive variant. Both them and a distro that (I think) was called nerd alert records or something had their own variants of sound the alarm and under the boards.

While the co-op was shitty cause Virgil took people's money, at least the got records. The really shitty situation was how many small labels had records on consignment that never got paid. He even started selling other people's records under cost, so he effectively stole. Then went of the grid.

they didn't. There were 100 different variants and the VC/suburban home store got an exclusive variant. Both them and a distro that (I think) was called nerd alert records or something had their own variants of sound the alarm and under the boards.

While the co-op was shitty cause Virgil took people's money, at least the got records. The really shitty situation was how many small labels had records on consignment that never got paid. He even started selling other people's records under cost, so he effectively stole. Then went of the grid.

Wasn't it Tre from Deathwish that really outed him on that? Or did he just get the most responses?

Vinyl Collective was an imprint of Suburban Home. It was 100% owned and operated by Virgil.

Vinyl Collective Co-Op was a member run label. There were 200 individual owners with virgil operating as the head. He was a shit head and misappropriated Vinyl Collective Co Op funds into his dying label. 

Leave Vinyl Collective and Vinyl Collective Co-Op dead and buried. 

This is all that needed to be said.  Thanks for clarifying