PO NOW: Letlive - If I'm the Devil... (Out in June 10th)

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

This song was pretty disappointing to me. Vocally, it's spot on, and I'm sure it's great lyrically. I just miss the chaos that letlive had in the last records. Both of the singles kind of lack that, but hopefully, we get some heavier jams on the LP. I'm still excited for this.

I feel the same, its definitely got way less teach then their last albums. So far I am not that into it, but i am sure lyricly its poetic and everything. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

This out and about now for those wanting a sneaky listen.  The album is definitely going to be quite controversial to the bands fans. I never thought this would be something I would ever say about Letlive but it feels kind of like their 'Vheissu'. In that I mean they have pretty much left their old sound and are trying something quite new and creative. I really dig it! My pov is that you always have their previous stuff to listen to, don't need another repeat of the same thing.

1 hour ago, rickydenim said:

This out and about now for those wanting a sneaky listen.  The album is definitely going to be quite controversial to the bands fans. I never thought this would be something I would ever say about Letlive but it feels kind of like their 'Vheissu'. In that I mean they have pretty much left their old sound and are trying something quite new and creative. I really dig it! My pov is that you always have their previous stuff to listen to, don't need another repeat of the same thing.

This really excites me.

A few listens in and I'm feeling this. Wasn't expecting to like it much from the first singles, with the poppiness and the preachier than ever lyrics, but its growing. The biggest let down to me is that the one song that's heavy for heavy's sake is a definite miss.

I guess in perspective, I always expected another Fake History somewhere, but now it looks like Fake History was the pinnacle of their hardcore days. Even though this record takes every note out of the pop-hardcore Pierce The Veil style playbook, it doesn't read like that. Definitely some weak tracks, even weaker than The Blackest Beautiful, but I'll grab this record and I'll always see them live when possible.

Well just listened to this twice and uhhh i have to say i don't like it one bit. I am going to try to be as respectful as possible because I love Letlive, i just feel they are trying channel an inner head automatica - my chemical romance (black parade) with a hint of Brit pop. The music itself seems very boring and radio repetitive. I know they are trying to be artistic and I am sure the lyrics themselves are, but this album is cringe-worthy and generic, something I have never considered Letlive to be.

3 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

this record is awful, and everywhere they say it's their best record... unbelivable. it took 40 mins of my life I'll never get back.

Not gonna sell many records saying "sorry guys, we just don't have it in us anymore but here's something". Plus they probably genuinely like it.

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

TBB didn't get much love from most people, and I thought it was fucking awesome, so I'm gonna have to hear this for myself. Plus, there will still never be a live band that tops ll. in my book. 

Word. Jason is insane live. Their set was unlike anything I've ever seen. 

The whole album is up on iTunes for those who want to take a listen. Should be on YouTube right now / soon too. 

Think I'm going to pass on this on wax. I'm sure it'll grow on me, but it feels objectively weaker than their last 2 records. I think Reluctantly Dead might be my favorite song on the album, though the opener and closer are also great. Some solid moments on the album, just not feeling like I need to own this one on vinyl.

Man....what happened?! Where's the chaos? Outside of a couple of jams, this is super boring and not what I loved about Letlive. I'm hoping it grows on me, but yeah, definitely objectively weaker than their last two albums. Maybe Jason just doesn't want to scream anymore? Or maybe losing their old lead guitarist was more of difference than I thought it'd be. I don't know. Pretty massively disappointing.