What not to buy on vinyl

Speaking of PF, i have a late 70s US pressing of ANIMALS (bar code on back cover, store bought new in 1980 or 1981) that is definitely cut slow. It's not terrible and you would not know if you hadn't heard other pressings. But If you compare to an original UK and an original US you can notice it. Fyi...

Speaking of PF, i have a late 70s US pressing of ANIMALS (bar code on back cover, store bought new in 1980 or 1981) that is definitely cut slow. It's not terrible and you would not know if you hadn't heard other pressings. But If you compare to an original UK and an original US you can notice it. Fyi...

Finally someone in here making me feel less crazy. Haha.

Finally someone in here making me feel less crazy. Haha.

But at least he pointed out a specific pressing that is cut incorrectly. There are tons of different pressings of all the Pink Floyd albums, so it's not necessarily a bad idea to buy "Pink Floyd records" in general.

But at least he pointed out a specific pressing that is cut incorrectly. There are tons of different pressings of all the Pink Floyd albums, so it's not necessarily a bad idea to buy "Pink Floyd records" in general.

Word. Specifically, it's this one:

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-Animals/release/1862830

I have a later US pressing with a barcode on it, I'll have to check this. 

Off topic, but supposedly the remaining Pink Floyd albums are getting reissued over the next few months. (They were up on Amazon UK but removed probably because it was getting a lot of attention on the Steve Hoffman Forums and somebody put them up too early).

Off topic, but supposedly the remaining Pink Floyd albums are getting reissued over the next few months. (They were up on Amazon UK but removed probably because it was getting a lot of attention on the Steve Hoffman Forums and somebody put them up too early).

That's neat. Hoffman will be half speed masters then right?

I just double checked my copy of Animals and it matches this release. Speed is correct.

While we're on the subject of records with messed up speeds, I might as well say that you should avoid this copy of Who's Next at all costs. This is the version that also comes with the Phases box. The songs are noticeably slower than they should be. 

That's neat. Hoffman will be half speed masters then right?

Nah, it was just being discussed on the Hoffman forums; he doesn't have anything to do with them.

Ooh, I've gotta get Meddle, Piper, and Animals!

Okay. Found the video where I heard my initial point. He doesn't mention what pressing. I'm glad everyone has come in here and commented that it's okay to get The Wall after all.

Anyway, it's this video around the 3:00 mark. http://youtu.be/DpqsZRBsSlA