OUT NOW: If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones Of A Dying World 2xLP | Metal Blade

Looks like someone already had it up...https://youtu.be/LMJofOBaOiU

The first half of this track is fucking awesome.

The latter 3rd, after the dip into the low dynamic waters, didn't do much for me. I don't like it when they get overly metal with their riffing. But this is a good song.

Kinda bummed there is literally 0% development in their style, unless they're developing into a more metal-riff based kind of sound, which I could see happening. Which I wouldn't be a big fan of, but hey... it's their band.

Was really hoping we'd see more ethereal and melodic development like Caspian, with the use of keyboards and synth loops, etc.

I don't like it when they get overly metal with their riffing.

Was really hoping we'd see more ethereal and melodic development like Caspian, with the use of keyboards and synth loops, etc.

the metal riffs are what make ITTCT ITTCT... They've never really used keyboards. Going down that road would just replicate what most other post-rock bands are doing. I'm really glad they aren't doing that. Sure, they could experiment a little more, but I'm happy they aren't just falling into line with every other post-rock trend.

the metal riffs are what make ITTCT ITTCT... They've never really used keyboards. Going down that road would just replicate what most other post-rock bands are doing. I'm really glad they aren't doing that. Sure, they could experiment a little more, but I'm happy they aren't just falling into line with every other post-rock trend.

I know they're metal-based, I couldn't quite get the right words to describe what I was feeling.

It's that bluesy, hard-rock riff at the end. That kind of riff. I like it when they get crushing with the leads over it, I just don't want them to get too riffy like The Sword. I'm just not into that kinda stuff.

No word yet from the band as to whether this is the only variant or not.

I'd love for them to get a little more Spurv like with some crushing riffs mixed in.

Funny you bring this up, I was just spinning my copy of Blader Som Faller. It sounds fucking beautiful. One of my favorite pressings, ever. It's SO QUIET!!!! The vinyl is like butter. It's ridiculous. No surface noise whatsoever.

And the mastering is to die for. I might buy this again to have a better cover, mine got all sliced up because they didn't understand what shipping outside the jacket meant, haha.

WTF are you guys complaining about?

They could write their names in Comic Sans on the front, I'd buy it anyways and I know you will too....cause it's simple:

It's ITTCT!!!!

It is funny. So many complaints about a cover. I guess we all have our things. I get pissed when they don't include DL codes.

You're right, but my concern is that by the time we found out official word, the cool EU variants will be gone.

And then what if black is the only option in the US? The only way to get a colored will be the astronomical prices that the 2ndary market commands for this band.

Because if the black is already up, why wouldn't they put the rest of the variants up too?

EXACTLY. It would suck if they turned into another Caspian band. To me they have always been a mixture of edgier Caspian and Pelican. I don't need them to change. 

You're right, but my concern is that by the time we found out official word, the cool EU variants will be gone.

And then what if black is the only option in the US? The only way to get a colored will be the astronomical prices that the 2ndary market commands for this band.

Because if the black is already up, why wouldn't they put the rest of the variants up too?

Bruh, it's VC.  I'm sure one way or another someone can get you the hook up.  If you are that worried, have one of the guys here order it for you.  And worst case, you resell it later and get your money back.  Like you said, ITTCT should be easy to resell.  And if you just charge your cost +added shipping, you aren't flipping it.

Official announcement made.  Looks like what we've seen is what it is.  

2 album release shows planned though...

July 8 - Rumba Cafe - Columbus, OH
July 9 - Musica - Akron, OH

And then a full US tour planned for September.

Charlie Wagers did the album art again here.  Seems pretty different from what he usually does.

i just wish we had actual info on this rather than the vacuum of no response.

Are the EU gatefold? Will there be other US variants? Does Jimmy get the girl?

Stay tuned to find out...

Busy day for these guys and I'm sure they don't just sit at their computer to answer questions about variants.

We'll find out in time. No need to bother them about it.

This is a joke, though. EMP has a 25euro minimum order, and doesn't ship to the USA.

Black vinyl only for America. Horrible album cover.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Heh :P Guess I'll hold out for the tour. Would have loved to have one of the colored variants. Still no word on whether they are gatefold or not.

Guys, and Prince died today.