PLEASE READ: VC DOWNTIME SUNDAY MAY 1

Is this topic also intended to bring light to any new bugs and problems, or should we use the support forum nobody ever reads?

First one I noticed, the dropdown user account menu doesn't stay on page when you scroll down. The top bar moves down, but the menu seems to be attached to the actual page, not the bar.

Something feels really off about new posts being displayed. Someone posted in the Blink California thread and it didn't bump. The most recent poster icon on the side also doesn't seem to update right.

Knowing what threads have/have not been read at a glance also seems near impossible. Not sure what the tell on that is, or if I just am not encountering it for some reason.

This will take a while to get used to.

Yeah, the "jump to last unread" option for opening topics seems to be gone, which is quite terrible. You can only open on pages 1-4 and last page.

Actually adding replies also seems buggy, for me it gets stuck on "saving" but never moves from there, yet when I open a new tab the post is there.

Growing pains, I'm sure. The color palette is a little too bright for my taste but I'll get over it. I would like to see a little more color and a little less white.

Just saw an updated post in the Sale subforum, it's not as unnoticeable as I originally commented but the bold is a little harder to see because of how bright the colors are.

This whole update was so they could have ads on the mobile site. I'm sure of it.

Edit: It's pretty cool how when I hit "submit reply" it says "saving" and then nothing happens. Sure my posts are going through but I'm getting no indication of that. I just have to refresh the page and hope my post shows up.

Yeah this format is fucking awful, guys.  Holy shit.  I want the old layout back.  That was so user-friendly.  This is not.  we lost all our shit!  I had so many threads saved to reference...  where do you find the list of threads you posted in now?  This is retarded.  

10 minutes ago, slinch said:

Yeah, the "jump to last unread" option for opening topics seems to be gone, which is quite terrible. You can only open on pages 1-4 and last page.

Actually adding replies also seems buggy, for me it gets stuck on "saving" but never moves from there, yet when I open a new tab the post is there.

Another option: If you click/touch the "last posted time" under the avatar takes you to the last post in the thread. Still, not as good as the previous "jump to last unread". (All on mobile)

2 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah this format is fucking awful, guys.  Holy shit.  I want the old layout back.  That was so user-friendly.  This is not.  we lost all our shit!  I had so many threads saved to reference...  where do you find the list of threads you posted in now?  This is retarded.  

you can still find your followed topics if you click on your profile in the status bar and then on "manage followed content"

1 minute ago, slinch said:

you can still find your followed topics if you click on your profile in the status bar and then on "manage followed content"

Nope it only shows the one thread I clicked "Follow" on in this new format.  I want that fucking list of everything I posted in, in order of most recent activity.  

Hi guys

There is a feature called Activity streams where you can filter content. 
But because of the upgrade we had to re index all of the site content (2.5 million posts). It is a long process it might take a few days. 

Before it finishes you will notice the searches will give you no results and the activity streams will only show things from today and on.

Just now, slinch said:

I'd give it a few days, I'm sure most of the issues can be fixed. 

But please, for the love of vinyl, give us a darker theme. The two available now are burning my eyes.

Agreed. There's always pains in switching like this. I'd expect the bugs to be ironed out gradually.

I also echo the comments about the theme.

So, I've been posting in the Post-rock thread in the Everything Else board, but whenever I go back to that board, it doesn't move that topic to the top.  Nor does it show my username as the last post, even though when you go into the thread, it shows my posts.

When I make posts, the site does not update before me.  I have to go to it in a different tab or go somewhere else in this tab and then come back, and then it will show.  

I followed that thread, but in My Activity Streams, it does not show up, but it does when I go into my Managed Content or whatever that nonsense is under my username.  

Please, for fucks's sake, go back to the old layout.  

• danny unpinned this topic