*** PLEASE READ: New Dark Themes now live! ** Help Us choose the new Default theme !

*** New Dark Themes now live! *** Help Us choose the new Default theme !  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like as the Default Theme for Vinyl Collective

This poll is closed to new votes

the dark themes don't seem to change anything on mobile for me?

just because we'd like a dark (black) background doesn't mean it's gothic with blood and a goat sacrifice. The white is just too bright

Edit: Okay I see the difference on desktop. I would still prefer a dark background like what has been suggested

1 hour ago, nardes said:

Whatever you choose... there needs to be CONTRAST. My colorblindness makes reading the new site quite the task. I seriously have to put my face up against the screen and squint to figure out which topics to click

Hello

Can you elaborate bit more?. What things do not have enough contrast ? Do they look the same colour because there isn't enough contrast? 

Thank you

2 hours ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Hello

Can you elaborate bit more?. What things do not have enough contrast ? Do they look the same colour because there isn't enough contrast? 

Thank you

The light blues and greens on white are really hard to see. 

A perfect example is the "Report Post" link on someone's comment... to me I can BARELY see it.When I put my mouse on their comment, it does darkens it, and I can see it better.

On the message board, the links to the pages are whats really hard to see... If it's bolded it's "ok-ish" but when it's the thinner font, it just really blends in with the page.

I'd recommend doing deeper colors, such as a red or a navy blue... something that will pop more!

11 minutes ago, nardes said:

The light blues and greens on white are really hard to see. 

A perfect example is the "Report Post" link on someone's comment... to me I can BARELY see it.When I put my mouse on their comment, it does darkens it, and I can see it better.

On the message board, the links to the pages are whats really hard to see... If it's bolded it's "ok-ish" but when it's the thinner font, it just really blends in with the page.

I'd recommend doing deeper colors, such as a red or a navy blue... something that will pop more!

Check out the new VC Blue [Colorblind] theme

1 minute ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Check out the new VC Blue [Colorblind] theme

Awesome. Thank you! This is a lot easier on the eyes for me as well.XgxMKbS.png

As shown above this is still a little harder for me personally. If the text size was a bit bigger or thicker it would be a lot better.

Thanks a ton Hector for being so responsive with the changes and feedback.

11 minutes ago, Kanellos said:

Awesome. Thank you! This is a lot easier on the eyes for me as well.XgxMKbS.png

As shown above this is still a little harder for me personally. If the text size was a bit bigger or thicker it would be a lot better.

Thanks a ton Hector for being so responsive with the changes and feedback.

Is that screenshot supposed to be the new color scheme? It looks like regular blue

16 minutes ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Is that screenshot supposed to be the new color scheme? It looks like regular blue

It's the dark blue theme. I was just illustrating how thin the font is and how its blending and not very visible for some of us with that theme.

I switched to the new colorblind and the colors help ten fold but the font visibility issue is still there for me. Not sure if you could bump the font size up 1 or 2 points or make it a bit thicker/darker on the colorblind theme for us colorblind people.

Edit: More specifically the posts that have already been read. Bigger culprit with multiple in a row.

• danny unpinned this topic