PO Now: Dinosaur Jr. - Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not (Out 8/5)

1 hour ago, birdwell said:

Heard Lou left stage mid set at Wrecking Ball in Atlanta a bit ago and had a nervous breakdown and isn't on speaking terms with J currently?   Anybody verify this?

Nme article from about a week ago says they don't speak and haven't for years, despite the reunion.

Edited by Mourning Wood

1 hour ago, birdwell said:

Strange.   

Just wondering, heard he stormed off stage mid-set...didn't know about this article...so strange

I poked around on google, twitter and instagram and didn't see anything about a storm off and breakdown. You'd think if it had happened the internet vultures and hyenas would be all over it.

2 hours ago, jcolls13 said:

its not that strange. theyre getting their money which is all they really care about these days

Dino Jr making those millions am I right? They're on their fourth (well received) album since reuniting ten years ago this argument is stale and boring. Who cares if two people you don't know don't talk to each other the work speaks for itself.

Edit: read the article and Lou literally just says they don't "chat" not that they don't speak at all. 

Edited by Shlebs

7 hours ago, Shlebs said:

Dino Jr making those millions am I right? They're on their fourth (well received) album since reuniting ten years ago this argument is stale and boring. Who cares if two people you don't know don't talk to each other the work speaks for itself.

Edit: read the article and Lou literally just says they don't "chat" not that they don't speak at all. 

He posted something about that article on facebook too how that part was blown out of proportion.

Yeah, this article says they are not speaking regularly - seems like a strictly professional relationship that all of them understand works only one way: 

https://daily.bandcamp.com/2016/08/04/dinosaur-jr-interview/

Barlow: J. makes me laugh. He’s incredibly dry and has a pretty harsh sense of humor that I enjoy. But we’re not chatting. I don’t really have friends in general. I never have. I didn’t go to college and didn’t have friends in high school. I live a very domestic life. My family is the epicenter of my life. Literally everything I do is either write songs and play music, or I’m immersed in my domestic life. I don’t think I’ve ever said, ‘Hey, I’m gonna go out tonight and hang out with the guys!’ Music is the glue for my relationship with J. and 90% of the male friends I’ve ever had.

5 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

As much as I hate to admit it, I've never really listened to much Dinosaur Jr. before.  But I picked this album up and am really enjoying it.  It looks like the local shop stocked up on a bunch of Dinosaur Jr. re-issues.  What should I check out next?

Green Mind is #1!!!

Edited by freedumb

5 hours ago, YouTwo said:

As much as I hate to admit it, I've never really listened to much Dinosaur Jr. before.  But I picked this album up and am really enjoying it.  It looks like the local shop stocked up on a bunch of Dinosaur Jr. re-issues.  What should I check out next?

No idea is running 25% off on all Dino lps with code inajar 

12 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I think the first three albums are the strongest.

12 hours ago, YouTwo said:

You're living all over me and bug are the classics, Farm is my favorite of the reunion albums. Green mind is good but it's not really a dino jr album in my opinion. 

Where You Been was my intro to the band back in 1992, so I'd recommend that highly. Green Mind, You're Living All Over Me would be next... then I'd go into everything starting with Beyond up to the present.

Hand it Over and Without a Sound are more like deep cuts - still awesome, but better in the context of the whole catalog

Also J's album with the Fog, More Light, rules.

Edited by tonyfranciosa

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, unravelled said:

Ears still ringing from seeing them in Birmingham last night. Picked up the new  7 for $10. I was,really happy about that since I didn't want to splurge on the bundle. Also had a new album cover shipmates for $10. 

Epic epic show 

Show was loud as hell (might've been Saturn's loudest show yet.....if not it was close to Melt Banana)...and a bummer to clean up after

Edited by birdwell