Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw Holy Fwan tonight, they were great! I get to cancel my Zia order now too because they had Realms vinyl with them.

Low Heaven was rad, and Cara Cara were different, but pretty good too! If you're able to catch the last couple dates on this tour it's worth it.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:21 AM, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Saw Holy Fwan tonight, they were great! I get to cancel my Zia order now too because they had Realms vinyl with them.

Low Heaven was rad, and Cara Cara were different, but pretty good too! If you're able to catch the last couple dates on this tour it's worth it.

so bummed our travel plans made us on opposite sides of the country lol.  was this your first time? 

Hey y'all remember The Evpatoria Report? EP, Golevka, Maar... 

I thought Sly Vinyl was going to get them the vinyl treatment back in the day, but alas, it was not to be.

Well, now it is!

Golevka is first, which will include the EP tracks (yippee!) /600 from New Noise China, however, shipping is $49 if you order now off bandcamp for FOMO.

Comments on FB are repeatedly replied to that EU and US distribution will be happening and only 50 units were put on the bandcamp site.

As much as I love this music, I couldn't justify $85+ price tag and will wait for US distribution  announcement. 

Shipping November 2024 as well lol, well at least they are being honest.

Facebook The Evpatoria Report announce Vinyl Treatment for Golevka (including EP tracks)

FOMO bandcamp order now $49 shipping to US, 3 remaining

6 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

ha yeah i know the feeling.  I think Realms will stick around a bit.  Did you do North by Silent Whale yet? 

Yeah, I didn't realize the red/black was 900. I actually went ahead and grabbed a copy because who needs food anyway.

Not yet. Actually, I don't think I've checked out anything from SWBAD since Canopy (which is great).  I have some catching up to do.

19 minutes ago, deafening said:

Yeah, I didn't realize the red/black was 900. I actually went ahead and grabbed a copy because who needs food anyway.

Not yet. Actually, I don't think I've checked out anything from SWBAD since Canopy (which is great).  I have some catching up to do.

DO IT.  I have a couple extras I got for people, because it sold out and the label is folding.  So if you like it, one of them can be yours for cost! 

It's got an old song from the Canopy era too, "Architeuthis".  So good!

9 hours ago, zaoza said:

Seeing Caspian for the first time and Envy for the fourth time next month in Malaysia. Not sure why I can’t attach the show flyer but so excited for this double bill.

https://caspianenvykl2023.peatix.com/?lang=en-my

i hate you so much lol

enjoy the show, super jealous of anyone who's been able to see Envy.  Caspian is mighty too!  Will be a legendary show. 

On 11/22/2023 at 5:34 AM, zaoza said:

Seeing Caspian for the first time and Envy for the fourth time next month in Malaysia. Not sure why I can’t attach the show flyer but so excited for this double bill.

https://caspianenvykl2023.peatix.com/?lang=en-my

I've seen both bands separately, but seeing them together on a single bill would be incredible. You're quite fortunate!

4 hours ago, mrewest said:

Anyone buy that Ranges chessboard yet?

so, apparently there is a massive world of batshit crazy rich people who buy these wildly expensive chess sets and I guess they're expecting someone from that world to buy it.  I don't think there's a post-rock fan anywhere in the world with that kind of cash.  My friend did buy one of the other sets tho. 

12 hours ago, mrewest said:

Anyone buy that Ranges chessboard yet?

I was going to post about this the other day and forgot.

I saw the announcement and had to check like three or four times if I had seen the price correctly. I've never even seen just premium/luxury chess sets anywhere close to this kind of pricing.

I also don't get what it has to do in any way with the music or anything for a matter of fact. To me it just seems like they're surrounding themselves with pretty things to compensate for the music. 

It's one of the most absurd things I've seen. 

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the band and I wish them the best of luck selling these but... why thought?