dreamover

PO: SMASHING PUMPKINS "Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol 1: No Past No Future No Sun LP

54 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

This is fucking lame! Wow! How fucking deceitful! I'm fucking cancelling order. I fuckin bought the whole lot! I wonder what Billy would think if he heard about this! I feel swindled.

Yes bungee I bought it because it was limited. I also happen to like the few songs I've heard from that album. That's already 3/8 of the album that I've heard and I like. Do I collect Smashing Pumpkins memorabilia? Yes that's what collectors do with limited editions. Some people are actually fans of them...

I guess some of you guys missed there part where I said "Not saying what they did was right..."?  

I bought a copy of every edition that's been offered so far b/c I am a fan as well.    And yet, I'm not all butthurt about it and cancelling my order out of principal or whatever.  That's bullshit.  Folks either wanted the gold because they collect SP or they didn't because they thought it was limited and might be worth something later or was planning to flip it right off the bat.   To come into the thread and boohoo about what they did/didn't do (could have been bait/switch?  could have been an honest error in the listing?) and state that you cancelled your order just screams that it was purchased under other pretenses.

I don't give a shit though.  I think it's hilarious!  It's a $23 gold record I can add to my SP collection.  Woo.

1 hour ago, bungie said:

Folks either wanted the gold because they collect SP or they didn't because they thought it was limited and might be worth something later or was planning to flip it right off the bat.  

Or people bought the gold because its rare AND they collect SP, but given SP output for the past 18 years they weren't gonna take a chance and decided they get something they could dump later (again, which is reasonable with post 2k SP output), they could risk the promise of this album but know that they could sell ater if its sucks. 

But at the end of the day, maybe people have $30 to spend on a SP album and they have the opportunity to buy one of the rarest pressings so they do. 

Or maybe people bought something at face and are disappointed that the seller was less than forthright and its as simple as that and any deep dive reasons are pointless because the seller didn't have 100% accurate info when they listed.

9 hours ago, brandy said:

Received an email from Napalm who stated that it was because of incorrect information received from their warehouse.

I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt given that they have always had good service, or at least in my case.

Funny. My email from napalm euro says the management of sp want more pressed of the gold. 

29 minutes ago, maximuss said:

Funny. My email from napalm euro says the management of sp want more pressed of the gold. 

How about more of THE CLEAR pressed instead?

I find that “metal formulations” and vinyl generally don’t make a quiet playing surface.

I mean it “looks” cool, but seriously....:rolleyes:

On 9/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, mirrorboxer said:

I pre-ordered days ago. Apparently they have no problem with bait and switch. I sent an email asking for an explanation why just "Limited" and no longer /500

EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE VIA THE NAPALM RECORDS MAILORDER AND ONLINE STORE!

Strictly Limited Napalm Records Mailorder Edition in 180g GOLD VINYL in Gatefold Cover

Interesting. Thank you for the heads up. 

Still stoked for the gold nonetheless!