PO soon : The Gaslight Anthem - History Books .. (October 27th)

• phelansegur changed the title to PO soon : The Gaslight Anthem - History Books .. (October 27th)

Bv variant (tiger's eye)

https://shop.brooklynvegan.com/products/the-gaslight-anthem-history-books-lp-limited-edition-only-500-made-tigers-eye-vinyl

Also the yellow and pink are avaiable at indies' the latter for 3 bucks cheaper than spotify.

https://downinthevalley.com/UPC/691835760025

Edited by xfactor675

Dig the Tiger's Eye the best, so that was a must. The Electric Smoke also looked cool, so bought that, too. Funny that the one from Germany ended up being cheaper with shipping than the BV/Altpress variant. I don't remember if I've ordered from JPC. Hope it arrives safely.

Edited by lexicondevil

I have to admit that the production/mix on the two released tracks seem a bit off to me.  The guitars seem buried in the mix during the chorus in "History Books", which makes it lacking in that usual chorus punch we hear in TGA songs. Maybe I'm just nitpicking. So great that Bruce is on the track. Must have been a dream for the band.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:11 AM, lexicondevil said:

I have to admit that the production/mix on the two released tracks seem a bit off to me.  The guitars seem buried in the mix during the chorus in "History Books", which makes it lacking in that usual chorus punch we hear in TGA songs. Maybe I'm just nitpicking. So great that Bruce is on the track. Must have been a dream for the band.

No, you're right. These sound like more polished demos or something. And that style doesn't seem to be lending them any favors.

I was excited to hear they were back - I've tried really hard to like both of these songs. There's just something that doesn't hit with me. They sound off. 

Getting Bruce is pretty cool, though. 

Edited by mitchard

Positive Charge has grown on me a little, but mostly sounds like a Get Hurt outtake (not a diss, I’ve never really minded that album for what it is). New song is ok, Bruce is cool. I agree the sound is a little weird. Overall, nothing too interesting here yet, kind of like a new solo album with some Gaslight-y guitar sounds. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing though.

• 4 weeks later...