Clown Core - Toilet/Van

1 hour ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

I want to thank you for posting this. Not because I'm going to buy it, because I'm not, but because this is the most batshit amazing thing I've listened to in a long time.

Clown Core are legends. The drummer is Louis Cole of Knower, who you should definitely check out too.

16 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

I want to thank you for posting this. Not because I'm going to buy it, because I'm not, but because this is the most batshit amazing thing I've listened to in a long time.

have you for serious not watched any of their live videos throughout the years? 

If so, my friend.......  your cultural enlightenment awaits:

https://youtu.be/hT7x1NvGf5k?si=kCEOPYMcblo-P7du

13 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

have you for serious not watched any of their live videos throughout the years? 

If so, my friend.......  your cultural enlightenment awaits:

https://youtu.be/hT7x1NvGf5k?si=kCEOPYMcblo-P7du

I haven't! Something about the name Clown Core never really made me think I'd like it 😂

Really fun though

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 5:10 PM, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

I haven't! Something about the name Clown Core never really made me think I'd like it 😂

Really fun though

It's not even about whether you like it or not haha....  it's more like.......  it just needs to be experienced.  And then, it is respected.  It transcends taste.  XD XD

I'm conflicted on the price tag. On one hand it's way too much money for an LP, BUT if it were $20 it would sell out quickly and then flippers get the flip sale money that is in excess of what the band sold it for. If anyone is going to get the money for the art it should be the artist. I guess the solution is having it not be limited, but that will also discourage some buyers. Regardless it's a clown move... and I mean nothing good or bad by that; just stating the facts.

37 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I'm conflicted on the price tag. On one hand it's way too much money for an LP, BUT if it were $20 it would sell out quickly and then flippers get the flip sale money that is in excess of what the band sold it for. If anyone is going to get the money for the art it should be the artist. I guess the solution is having it not be limited, but that will also discourage some buyers. Regardless it's a clown move... and I mean nothing good or bad by that; just stating the facts.

If it were less limited/was a larger pressing so they could sell them for $20-25 I'd definitely grab one.

Part of the problem for me is that the visuals actually add a lot to this for me, so while I enjoy it musically for what it is, I'm still not even getting the full experience from the record and they're charging stupid prices for it.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:30 PM, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

the dynamic pricing model of vinyl begins lol 

But it's a good point.  It's just that the bands traditionally are not in a position to take that sort of risk.  and it's not always the entirety of a fanbase willing to spend that much. 

On 4/15/2024 at 7:30 AM, MCDELTAT said:

This band is getting attention because of their Coachella set. Dude pulled a dildo out of his pants and played the keyboard with it, so of course that freaked out more normy Coachella people lol. Someone posted a recording on TikTok.

So, these people?