What video games have you been playing?

43 minutes ago, xylem1 said:

and currently I'm playing through Final Fantasy IV (which is the only FF game from I to X-2 that I've never played).

Coincidentally, just started this one up again last night for the first time in like eight years. It gets a lot of flak but I've always really enjoyed it. It's so light hearted and it's really refreshing to see Spira with the blanket of fear lifted. Plus, c'mon, 1000 Words is classic 

1 hour ago, dkrtz said:

Coincidentally, just started this one up again last night for the first time in like eight years. It gets a lot of flak but I've always really enjoyed it. It's so light hearted and it's really refreshing to see Spira with the blanket of fear lifted. Plus, c'mon, 1000 Words is classic 

I haven't played it in ages, even though I have the PS3 remaster! I'll have to give it another go soon as I too thought it was a little underrated. Sure the characters and dialogue are corny as hell but the gameplay, music and graphics are superb!

Hey! I can answer this I think. 

Snapshot is more about your ADS time than your overall handling. Many of the good destiny snipers play with a low sensitivity (~3) so Snapshot has some utility with the ability to ready faster or quickscope. 

So they do two different things. Having said all that snapshot isn't that great of a perk at the moment. 

On August 11, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Dave Grohl said:

I wanted to get it a one point, but it seems to fucking redundant. I would pay $10 for it... maybe, if I was super bored.

I agree with the redundancy, but I still loved that game. I was in need of a good shooter (probably one of the only people alive who isn't completely tired of the genre), but I traded it as soon as I beat it. I'd say you can't go wron getting a copy for under $25-$30. The graphics are amazing and it controls like a dream, so it's definitely worth more than $10. 

I picked up assassins creed black flag as a $3 digital download back at Christmas. finally got around to playing it a couple weeks ago. Glad I didn't pay full price for it, but the game is pretty fun. Wasn't sure how well a pirate game would translate, some of the mechanics are fucked, but overall I sort of let myself get hooked. 

2 hours ago, atticus said:

I picked up assassins creed black flag as a $3 digital download back at Christmas. finally got around to playing it a couple weeks ago. Glad I didn't pay full price for it, but the game is pretty fun. Wasn't sure how well a pirate game would translate, some of the mechanics are fucked, but overall I sort of let myself get hooked. 

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game but I have Black Flag on ps3 just because it was cheap as hell and it's been sitting on my shelf for ages. Should I give it a go sometime? I've always been unsure about AC.. I love stealth games (MGS is my all-time favorite series) but I don't know if it's too loose or actiony for me, that's always been my fear 

59 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game but I have Black Flag on ps3 just because it was cheap as hell and it's been sitting on my shelf for ages. Should I give it a go sometime? I've always been unsure about AC.. I love stealth games (MGS is my all-time favorite series) but I don't know if it's too loose or actiony for me, that's always been my fear 

I only ever played the first one, but I thought it was straight up garbage. It got really boring and repetitive.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I only ever played the first one, but I thought it was straight up garbage. It got really boring and repetitive.

Never liked them either. Tried all three of the original trilogy and thought they were absolute repetitive garbage. 

Picked up the Humble Bundle and am dicking around with Space Engineers. Anyone else play or want to pick it up to fuck around with for like $5?

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

The first one is hands down the worst in the series.  They've gotten a lot better (not without a few duds here and there, the downside of yearly releases which they've actually decided to stop doing).  Still not the greatest games but I've had fun with a handful of them throughout the years. Most recently Black Flag and Syndicate have been solid.

9 hours ago, dkrtz said:

They are a good balance of stealth and not. I just played Black Flag not too long ago and it was fun. The ship battles i absolutely got bored with and the controls could be abysmal. They also made you focus on getting supplies to make your ship more badass so you dont get crushed in sea battles. That got a little old. 

12 hours ago, dkrtz said:

It is not without its faults that I mentioned briefly above, but overall I enjoyed it more than some of the others. Has a decent storyline and tons of missions. Some aspects do get a little repetitive, but the amount that the game absolutely forces you to do to progress is minimal. I'd say give it a go.  Also, personal preference but as someone who has done all of the little things to upgrade his ship, I am enjoying not taking shit from anyone on the high seas haha. 

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yup! Did this for Overwatch and then it dropped like another $10 before release.

I had no idea. Found out yesterday double checking the release date. I was like "whaaaaaaa". Three remastered games for under $50? So sold. I can't wait to Platinum them all. Especially 1 and 3.

29 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Did you guys know that you get 20% new releases on Amazon Prime? $47.99 instead of $60. Can't wait for Bioshock in a few weeks. 

Yeah, it'll make the new WoW expansion dropping at the end of the month only $40. That being said, I need to scrape $40 together. Draenor was actually pretty solid minus the lack of updating so my hopes are high for this. WoTLK legacy servers are still where it's at though

3 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Did you guys know that you get 20% new releases on Amazon Prime? $47.99 instead of $60. Can't wait for Bioshock in a few weeks. 

Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked has 20% off all non-digital games, not just new releases. And it's only $30 for 2 years. Perfect for someone like me who hardly ever shops at Amazon. Plus the last two games I've ordered from Best Buy were delivered before street date, which was nice. 

Edited by marc32137

I know I'm probably one of the few people here that talk about playing older games but after building up my N64 collection I'm finally sitting down and playing a game. I chose to play Goemon's Great Adventure. To be honest I've never heard about it until I did some research but I'm glad I picked it up because it's very addicting. Konami has their name on it and they've never let me down so I had to give it a shot. It's a quirky Japanese side scrolling platformer with elements of an RPG. After I beat the first boss there was a part that turned into a giant first person robot fight. Definitely could be one of N64's most underrated games. 

22 hours ago, marc32137 said:

Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked has 20% off all non-digital games, not just new releases. And it's only $30 for 2 years. Perfect for someone like me who hardly ever shops at Amazon. Plus the last two games I've ordered from Best Buy were delivered before street date, which was nice. 

Glad I checked cause I actually have 2 $10 coupons that expire on Sept. 3rd. So I can get Bioshock for $40 + tax day of, and not have to worry about shipping. I would do the club thing too, but I have Amazon Prime already.

5 hours ago, mmfood said:

I know I'm probably one of the few people here that talk about playing older games but after building up my N64 collection I'm finally sitting down and playing a game. I chose to play Goemon's Great Adventure. To be honest I've never heard about it until I did some research but I'm glad I picked it up because it's very addicting. Konami has their name on it and they've never let me down so I had to give it a shot. It's a quirky Japanese side scrolling platformer with elements of an RPG. After I beat the first boss there was a part that turned into a giant first person robot fight. Definitely could be one of N64's most underrated games. 

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Used to have a 400+ piece game collection and loved that game.