Post a PIC Of Your Collection (Band or Label ONLY)

tR21KOP.jpg

I recently acquired the Whenever, If Ever record release and tour splatter, as well as the pink Josh Is Dead.  I'm not sure I'll ever get the test presses, and to be honest, it's not even fun going after them.  The labels just toss them on eBay and whatever kid has $300 to throw away at the moment gets it.  Therefore, the collection might be done for the most part now.  They're repressing the LP and the seven inches way too often for me to be able to keep up with buying them all, and shipping them to Canada.

I have all first presses/tour presses/record release versions, so that might have to be it.

Actually, I think I'm missing a Are Here To Help You 1st press cassette, and the original demo tape.  Fuck it.

I recently acquired the Whenever, If Ever record release and tour splatter, as well as the pink Josh Is Dead.  I'm not sure I'll ever get the test presses, and to be honest, it's not even fun going after them.  The labels just toss them on eBay and whatever kid has $300 to throw away at the moment gets it.  Therefore, the collection might be done for the most part now.  They're repressing the LP and the seven inches way too often for me to be able to keep up with buying them all, and shipping them to Canada.

I have all first presses/tour presses/record release versions, so that might have to be it.

Actually, I think I'm missing a Are Here To Help You 1st press cassette, and the original demo tape.  Fuck it.

I'm pretty sure the only other demo tape is the black w/ white paint splatter and that's from the same pressing as the white w/ black paint splatter. It's /40 total counting both colors.

Also grats on the record release copy. It's slowly becoming my "white whale" because I just want to finish getting all the variants of Whenever, If Ever. Also I agree with you, fuck test presses.

I'm pretty sure the only other demo tape is the black w/ white paint splatter and that's from the same pressing as the white w/ black paint splatter. It's /40 total counting both colors.

I'm not positive, but I think the demo tape I have is from 2012, /40, all on white cassettes.  I think there was an original one released in 2010 that I don't have.  But again, I'm not positive about that.  Neither of them have splatter on them though.

I'm not positive, but I think the demo tape I have is from 2012, /40, all on white cassettes.  I think there was an original one released in 2010 that I don't have.  But again, I'm not positive about that.  Neither of them have splatter on them though.

I'm 90% sure the white and black cassettes are from the same pressing. They put the cassettes up on BWM in 2012 and both colors were available. I remember when they were put up and thinking "eh, I'll pick one up later", boy was that a mistake haha. I also just looked it up a while ago when I finally got a copy of the cassette and back on their old facebook post they made about putting them up on BWM, there's a comment from TWIABP saying something like "both colors are still available". Before that the only version of the demo they had were a bunch of handpacked CDrs. Again I'm not 100% certain, but I'm really positive on it.

Also the splatter on the cassettes is really really shitty. You can barely see the splatter on my cassette and if you just touch it, it'll come off on your finger.

edit:found the facebook post.

https://www.facebook.com/twiabp/posts/307796149325876?comment_id=38234015&offset=0&total_comments=21

You should get that Botch / Knut / Ananda split 10". There's one on Discogs for $20. I remember finding it in a used bin for $6. What a day.

Considered it but I already have the songs on other LPs and I'm not hugely into 7" or 10" collecting. Only so much you can do with limited funds right?

Thanks for the heads up though, if I saw it for $6 I'd be getting it for sure.

Ive got the Are here to help you cassette in a red shell i think, no idea what pressing it is?

Edit:  Looks like that>

IMG_8871.jpg

Anyone on here with a National collection?

Yes indeed.

ht4hNGI.jpg?1

Not really into colour variants so I consider it complete. Out of the LPs Boxer is on yellow, High Violet on violet and Virginia EP on yellow and black splatter and the deluxe of TWFM is clear of course.

Yes indeed.

Not really into colour variants so I consider it complete. Out of the LPs Boxer is on yellow, High Violet on violet and Virginia EP on yellow and black splatter and the deluxe of TWFM is clear of course.

Nice! I just need Abel and Apartment Story to complete my collection

These are a couple of my collections for 2 albums by 2 different bands, but feel this thread is appropriate. Just missing a test press for the first one. I like how all of these look together:

vy1g1t.jpg

A Great Big Pile Of Leaves - You're Always On My Mind

148m6uf.jpg

Sorority Noise - Forgettable

I have to ask you what's with those Separation covers that have just the title or the 3 scratches? See them sometimes, dunno what that is.

Just the title is the record release cover. The one with the "scratches" is either the test press or the 2011 No Sleep Subscription copy

It's what I have left after selling 40 Misfits LPs last year.

Sold:

Walk Among Us Italian white label

Walk Among Us Italian black label

Walk Among Us 88 Slash label

Walk Among Us 88 translucent

Walk Among Us red

Walk Among Us clear

Walk Among Us pink

EAD - 4 pressings

DDMD - 3 pressings including a mismatched labels one for $400

DDMD - white

Evilive - German 2nd press

Evilive - US black 1st press; 180g

LOB - 2 pressings

Collection 1 - 2 pressings

Collection 2 - clear

Collection 2 - 180g

Static Age - purple

Static Age - red

Static Age - 180g

Famous Monsters - pic disc

Monster Mash - green w/black smoke

Land Of The Dead - green

Land Of The Dead - orange

Twilight Of The Dead - blue

Devil's Rain - black

Dead Alive - splatter

Descending Angel - black

Horror Xmas - green w/red splatter

Horror Xmas - blue

Initium - 1st press with insert

Initium - translucent

Danzig 777

Deth Red Sabaoth - black

Its so crazy to me to see these insane collections of bands i have never heard of!

I do have two questions for those of you who collect every color and version of every release though:

1)Do you do this with more than one band or is it only with your favorite? If yes, how do you afford it?!

2) Do you always only listen to the same color? Is there one record that you have designated as your playing copy?

For me, I only really collect variants for my favorite band, Less Than Jake. I have a few random variants with a couple other bands I really like but those particular bands generally don't have a ton of crazy vinyl releases. Usually just one or two presses and no singles or EPs etc.

And for a listening copy, if I have a black version then that will usually be my listening copy.

And with that said, pics of said LTJ collection will be posted in a bit.

Updated post with updated, less blurry pics.

LTJ-GNVSTL_zpsfa1b357b.jpg

Most of the GNV FLA variants. The only ones I know are missing are red and purple silkscreened covers. Complete variant set of the most recent record, See the Light. Had to combine the two pics bc apparently I posted too many for one post haha.

LTJ-RockviewPezcoreGreetingsOutcrowd_zps

First handful of random 12" records.

LTJ-GreasedandBorder_zps4790de21.jpg

Greased and Borders & Boundaries variants.

LTJ-VariousShapedandOthers_zps8aa22e1e.j

All my shaped, odd sized records and last couple 12" records.

LTJ-GManandTV_zps0b62e697.jpg

G-Man/TV EP variants.

LTJ-KemuriMegadethSlayerMuppets_zps6c0e8

Kemuri/Megadeth/Slayer/Muppets variants.

LTJ-SmokeSpotDotheMathJChurch_zpsb256a8f

Do the Math/Smoke Spot/J Church variants.

LTJ-CrashCourseandPEsto_zps196aa99c.jpg

Crash Course and Pesto variants with a couple other random records.

LTJ7in_zps25d815a4.jpg

The last bunch of random 7" records.

LTJ-CerealBox_zpsc01417b9.jpg

And last but not least, the Cereal Box.

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic