Appleseed Cast's Two Conversations

I've had two copies of /2000 Peregrine and they have been real clean.  A repress was inevitable, though. It truly is a classic - complete record start to finish.

I took the bait completely with the "old vinyl bacon-cooking-noise" they inserted in between February and An Orange And A Blue (had to ask a board member to listen to mp3's to see if it was there!! yes, it is)

The only mixing issue I can remember is on February with the volume being way low on the supporting guitar channel, but 2xLP isn't going to fix that - and now you have to get up and change sides 4x.

I just noticed a bunch of very reasonably priced Sagamarthas on eBay (~$25).  Are these new Archival Series presses?

If they are Black, I would bet leftovers from last August's fundraiser, as he had like 150 or more iirc, for $38? something like that - I should look it up since I bought one. $25 seems a bit more reasonable considering Graveface prices.  It is more postrock vibe like LLO1/2 as you know, and fans either love or hate it.

I think the Archive Series have a logo sticker /stamp or something like the Two Conversations that 'swisherprice' found in a shoppe recently for $12. Ryan had been pretty sick and so some things sort of got a bit disorganized there for a while - was my understanding - but he never really answered the question.

http://instagram.com/p/prwfn3SnGA/

If they are Black, I would bet leftovers from last August's fundraiser, as he had like 150 or more iirc, for $38? something like that - I should look it up since I bought one. $25 seems a bit more reasonable considering Graveface prices.  It is more postrock vibe like LLO1/2 as you know, and fans either love or hate it.

I think the Archive Series have a logo sticker /stamp or something like the Two Conversations that 'swisherprice' found in a shoppe recently for $12. Ryan had been pretty sick and so some things sort of got a bit disorganized there for a while - was my understanding - but he never really answered the question.

http://instagram.com/p/prwfn3SnGA/

they dont indicate the color.  I got a black from the fundraiser (yes, something ~$38), and am not looking for a copy, but I thought it was strange that so many popped up in a search for Appleseed Cast.  These may just be leftovers.  Great price if folks are still looking for a copy.

Because I'm assuming that Ryan will set up some sort of indiegogo package to get all of the Archive releases or at least the first wave of them.
Just a hunch.

The test pressing sale on indiegogo coincided with my wedding planning and I just couldn't afford to buy anything as I was selectively maxing out credit cards and managing money very tightly.

I know it was the only chance to get those, so I get bummed whenever I think about it, but it was records or a wife and I think I made the right choice :)

...and I'm typing this after spending a week with the in-laws, so I know I made the right choice!

I guess that's kind of off topic, but hey!

• 1 month later...

Okay I'm having a little trouble navigating this Graveface stuff. I knew he was planning on repressing a bunch of stuff but is kickstarter the only way I can get this repress?? If so, why can't I add this and the Whirr "Pipe Dreams Redux" together?

They'll all be available from Graveface and they are not limited. He plans on keeping these albums in press indefinitely.

and as i posted on the reddit thread, the august archival series records are already in the GF store in savannah. i picked two conversations up last weekend and it rocks. 

What's the sticker price for those? -- I'm thinking of moving to Savannah because of GF ;)

either there or Athens, GA. Maybe in between.

$12. i think all his single LPs are $12 in the store. 

No. He raised prices somewhat recently. Go check out the Graveface Record Club thread and just read like...the last 4 or 5 pages. answers everywhere! ;)

edit: the older stuff may still be $12, these will not be though.

No. He raised prices somewhat recently. Go check out the Graveface Record Club thread and just read like...the last 4 or 5 pages. answers everywhere! ;)

edit: the older stuff may still be $12, these will not be though.

RG got real physically sick and out of his head, remember, and some the Archival stuff got sent out to stores and at least two of the Archival releases were posted with pics, in these various threads -- and the posting people said around $12 to $14 was what they paid.  

Not surprised if the Savannah shop is $19 - shipping, that's why I asked, but not expecting them to be $12 there from RG's posts after recovery from being real sick.  FTR, I have no problem with his price increases, his business model and wanting to actually make money vs breaking even on vinyl pressings. I am self employed, too.  He wants to open another store in Austin.  So many good musical things happen in Austin - one day I will make the pilgrimage.

RG got real physically sick and out of his head, remember, and some the Archival stuff got sent out to stores and at least two of the Archival releases were posted with pics, in these various threads -- and the posting people said around $12 to $14 was what they paid.

Not surprised if the Savannah shop is $19 - shipping, that's why I asked, but not expecting them to be $12 there from RG's posts after recovery from being real sick. FTR, I have no problem with his price increases, his business model and wanting to actually make money vs breaking even on vinyl pressings. I am self employed, too. He wants to open another store in Austin. So many good musical things happen in Austin - one day I will make the pilgrimage.

He's one of the people who posted their copy and it was $15something. Ryan said the retail price is $16

distressor was 12.99 at my local shop, they didnt have two conversations.  honestly, the labels that i rep the most (burger, in the red, GF) consistently have the lowest pricing.  it wouldnt mean much to me (but im sure it would make a difference to the labels) if they bumped their releases up $2 a piece.  would still be among the cheapest in the store...