Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I know Italian post is famous to lose records but I always got what I ordered. Only one package sent from Croatia it's never been delivered but it has been returned to the sender.

What i think is that he never sent anything but he believed to have sent it, so he said "I send another one tomorrow" three times just to see if it showed up at my home or back to him.

I have a big big problem with GREEN HELL RECORDS from Germany... I've got an open order from the first days of may, payed but I haven't received yet any confirmation or a mail with the details of my order. I sent out soooo many mails to them, contacted through facebook but nothing, nobody can answer me..

is there any German guy who knows this record store?

Season of Mist sent me a free copy of Kylesa - From the Vaults, Vol.1 due to the version of Ultraviolet that I ordered becoming unavailable (due to breakages) along with a less limited version of Ultraviolet. Awesome.

Also, some of the best packaging from any label that I've seen. Good dudes.

I have a big big problem with GREEN HELL RECORDS from Germany... I've got an open order from the first days of may, payed but I haven't received yet any confirmation or a mail with the details of my order. I sent out soooo many mails to them, contacted through facebook but nothing, nobody can answer me..

is there any German guy who knows this record store?

File a Paypal claim. A month to get a order from Germany to Italy it's unbelievable. (Se non rispondono neanche a quello almeno recuperi i soldi)

I saw a post in here about Danny from SRC being an ass.  I've only ordered once through SRC.  They sent me the wrong color of a record.  Danny immediately replied and apologized and said he would send me the right color as soon as possible free of charge ($50 angels and airwaves 4xLP).  I said it was cool if they just added it to my TSL pre order.  Everything went smooth, he responded almost immediately every time, and as long as the record shows up with my TSL album, then I can only say good things about him.  He was really polite and helpful in every email.  

I haven't had any problems with any labels yet luckily. The best experience I've had is with Temporary Residence. I bought a copy of Mono's Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered And The Sun Shined on red/blue vinyl on eBay, and it arrived and had a mispressed side C. I emailed TRR to ask about it and the head of the label (Jeremy deVine) emailed me back offering to send me a free copy. I didn't ask for it, and I think it's really cool they were willing to fix their mistake, like, 8 years after it was released.

Not exactly record related, but the guys at Needle Doctor were amazing in helping me with an order. Despite having Paypal shit the bed on their website, they took care of everything over the phone, and helped me get the issues sorted with Paypal. Then I got my order 2 days later. Fantastic dudes there if you need turntable related supplies.

Not exactly record related, but the guys at Needle Doctor were amazing in helping me with an order. Despite having Paypal shit the bed on their website, they took care of everything over the phone, and helped me get the issues sorted with Paypal. Then I got my order 2 days later. Fantastic dudes there if you need turntable related supplies.

Bought my tt and tube amp from them and agree, they're awesome. Best part was finding a discount code and saving a little more than $120. Highly recommend.

On a different note, I'd like to commend Bull Moose on their great customer service. Got an LP from them yesterday that was dinged to hell because they cram albums in those crappy uline mailers. They gave me a full refund even though I only emailed them to beg them to stop using uline's and use mailers with flap locks instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone from Europe ever dealt with all_your_music on Ebay?

They're based in California, have pretty low prices and they only charge about 3 Euros to ship to Germany (which I think is pretty odd...also the prices are shown in GBP). 

Well, my actual question is:

How's their packaging job? Since it's a pretty long way for the record to arrive here I don't want to spend so much money on a new cereal bowl.  

So, I ordered a 7" from Tee Pee end of April and  get the order acknowledgement "ships in 24 hrs". So four weeks go by, nada, and I shoot them an email. No answer. Another few weeks, and I called the phone number-- no answer, voice mail box not set up. In NY. oy vay. Good thing is they don't charge the card until ship, but they could at least answer the email saying, We no Have, etc.  Whatever no biggie.

http://teepeerecords.com/contact/

Best:

Deathwish, RFC, Poison City Records.

Worst:

Anchors Aweigh, ep didn't come with a download link. Told me that they ran out of codes and to "find it anywhere on the web". Problem was 'resolved' by them giving me a link to a website that uploaded it.

Lul.

im confused. the label went out of their way to find you a link, thus solving your problem, and that makes them qualify for worst customer service? ok. 

Worst: Third Man Records

Send my Vault Package to my working adresss, but not with my Name...they send two packages to a colleague of me, how also ordered the vault...but when I realized that, he had given the second package away... Third Man say "not our Problem, speak with your colleague" ... but I see, such a small Label can't send away a second package to me, don't have enough Money for shipping I think...

Send my Vault Package to my working adresss, but not with my Name...they send two packages to a colleague of me, how also ordered the vault...but when I realized that, he had given the second package away... Third Man say "not our Problem, speak with your colleague" ... but I see, such a small Label can't send away a second package to me, don't have enough Money for shipping I think...

So Third Man is the worst because your colleague gave away your package and won't replace it. Jesus what would make you happy with a label. Some of the complaints in this thread are outrageous.

yeeeeah that's not the label's fault there, dude. your "colleague" owes you a record.

Was just sloppy. Labels shouldn't rely on other people uploading their music. Especially when it comes to someone legitimately buying music from the label.

What a stupid complaint. "They sloppily gave me the music in digital format."

I'm not normally rude on here, but shut the fuck up.

Was just sloppy. Labels shouldn't rely on other people uploading their music. Especially when it comes to someone legitimately buying music from the label.

Sure, but those hosting services cost money that small labels can't always justify. You can't be bothered to rip your own records, but you still got your music thanks to the label's effort. Why give them a hard time?

Also, update on Asian Man. I posted a few weeks ago about how Mike Park accidentally sold me an acetate he didn't have, and sent me a regular test pressing instead, but fixed the situation like a true gentleman and refunded me a big chunk of the money, letting me keep the test pressing dirt cheap.

Well, Mike found the acetate that was misplaced and hooked me up at a fantastic price. 

Mike Park is a good fucking dude. If I could buy all my records from him, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?