PO: THE MARS VOLTA Frances the Mute triple LP

Guest admin1338560633

The GITD was part of the initial release, not a repressing.  Having said that it sounds like my ass after granola cereal.  I'm a bit sad they pissed off MOV to the point they stopped production and did not release FTM (because TMV apparently have always held the rights to vinyl releases of their music.) Having said that they receive their masters back after 10 years for each release, and it's definitely easier working directly with the master material than having to deal with Universal regarding it for just a vinyl release. IE see Failure.

The GITD was part of the initial release, not a repressing.  Having said that it sounds like my ass after granola cereal.  I'm a bit sad they pissed off MOV to the point they stopped production and did not release FTM (because TMV apparently have always held the rights to vinyl releases of their music.) Having said that they receive their masters back after 10 years for each release, and it's definitely easier working directly with the master material than having to deal with Universal regarding it for just a vinyl release. IE see Failure.

Again, incorrect. The glow-in-the-dark was a 4LP repress that packaged the original FTM 3xLP with the FTM 12-inch single in a new red cover/sleeve. The original release was a 3xLP (the FTM 12-inch single came out a month before the album).

Again, incorrect. The glow-in-the-dark was a 4LP repress that packaged the original FTM 3xLP with the FTM 12-inch single in a new red cover/sleeve. The original release was a 3xLP (the FTM 12-inch single came out a month before the album).

You said it yourself, the 12" came out a month before. Both variations went on sale at the same time upon release, i know i purchased them.  If i'm not mistaken the actual price for the GITD was $50, or maybe even $45. 

FTM Standard went on sale in April 2005.

GITD went on sale June 2005.

Not that it matters that much but I think the GITD was a limited edition that happen to go on sale a bit past release, not a repress designed to replace standard stock or something.

CD came out a month or two before both.

You said it yourself, the 12" came out a month before. Both variations went on sale at the same time upon release, i know i purchased them. If i'm not mistaken the actual price for the GITD was $50, or maybe even $45.

Take it with a grain of salt. Scott insists he's right about every album even when the bands say otherwise. Example - http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/92925-po-saves-the-day-saves-the-day/page-2

Take it with a grain of salt. Scott insists he's right about every album even when the bands say otherwise. Example - http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/92925-po-saves-the-day-saves-the-day/page-2

Wow, you've been holding onto that one for a while, haven't you? And I'll say here what I said there in regards to that Saves The Day record:

I haven't listened to this podcast so I don't know if you're accurately quoting him or not, but as someone who knows of multiple record labels the band were in negotiations with (and has been very close friends with the band's drummer on the record, who recently quit the band and joined Motion City Soundtrack), signing with EVR was never a sure thing and the PledgeMusic campaign done to raise funds to actually make the record.

Wow, you've been holding onto that one for a while, haven't you?

No, just noticed you hardly comment unless it's to tell someone they're wrong.

I always thought it was sketchy that Saves the Day crowdfunded an album that got released by EVR, but I didn't give that big of a shit. Damn.

There weren't protests or Facebook profile pic filters or anything. Wasn't a big deal then and certainly isn't now.

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, highfives said:

I really wish they wouldn't have been bitches about the MOV reissues.  

Yeah, considering what a great job MOV does it would've been worth the inevitably high price tag. Hell, I got De-Loused on the secondary market, but I would've paid the $40-$50 it was initially.