The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I want to say he is traveling on a similar path unbenounced to him that he is following Rick. You think animals take the path of least resistance, so maybe the survivors are also following a similar path of least resistance. Except he found out that Terminus was no place for safety, so he skipped that step.

Only explanation I guess that makes sense. That's what I thought. 

The spoiler tag should only pertain to anything regarding the comic that could relate to future plot lines of the show.

That's what I thought. Good thing I didn't post this without spoiler then:

I'm very excited, because a small detail that they let slip in the Talking Dead revealed them introducing the community, which also means the introduction of a whole new story line, which, as you comic readers know, means the introduction of the new big baddie, who makes the Governer look less threatening than Eugene.

yeah shit this was no season 1 game of thrones death but I've always really liked beth.  I didn't think theyd actually do it but as soon as beth went up to say goodbye to noah, you knew some shit was gonna go down.  And asking back for Noah was expected but still well done.

good episode.

I also really liked when the cop started sweating after the walker got sniped.

Really thought Daryl was going to be the one to die. Kinda bummed it wasn't him, not because I dislike him, just feels like this show needs a real shock moment. Deaths are a little too predictable. As previously stated Beth was just not important enough for me to really care, still a solid ending.

Very excited for where this show is going next. Although I'm nervous on how they will pull it off, cause it gets brutal.

Really thought Daryl was going to be the one to die. Kinda bummed it wasn't him, not because I dislike him, just feels like this show needs a real shock moment. 

You shut your mouth! If Daryl dies we riot!

just kidding.

But in all seriousness, when Daryl dies, this show might not be long for television. I'd be willing to say that half of the female viewer will disappear, merch sales will drop immensely, and Rick would be the only marketable character left on the show. Look at all their merch. It's either comic book related, or it has Daryl/Rick on it.

Id rather see Rick die if they're going to do that to us. at least I'd still want to watch the show unlike my reaction if Daryl died.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm a Rick fanboy so I would cry. Especially if he's going to keep running dudes over, shooting them in the head & then telling them to "Shut up".

I am kinda over the amount of time they are giving the preacher. He is a character i care zero percent about but they feel the need to spend at least 5 minutes an episode showing how he does not want to kill walkers. We get it.

I dont read the comics so i dont know if he is actually a more prominent character that they will develop more on the show or if he is just bad filler.

I've always been sort of indifferent toward Daryl. No matter how you try to spin it, the crossbow is not a practical weapon in the Walking Dead universe, and for me his most enjoyable performances have been alongside Beth and Merle. He's not an unlikable character for me, he's just never stood out like he apparently does for the "If Daryl dies we riot" people. Would I be upset if he died? Yeah, sure, but I wouldn't stop watching. I almost stopped when Dale died, though. What the fuck was that?

Without Rick, on the other hand, the show has no legs. The Walking Dead is about Rick Grimes. I'm glad to see him back on the edge this season, especially going head to head with these pseudo-cops.

how so?

Its quiet, its effective, you can retrieve your ammo easily and you could even make your ammo if needed

Right, there are some definite advantages to how quiet and accurate it is. However, the show seriously downplays how obtrusive it is, and how difficult it is to ready a crossbow to fire - you can't do that in less than a few seconds unless you're professionally trained, 'cause it takes a shitload to pull that string back.

Also, plowing through flesh and bone can take its toll on a crossbow bolt. I'd wager that most of the bolts you pull back out of a corpse would not be reusable, or at least would be much less effective.

And I'm not sure how easy it is to craft a bolt, since they are a bit different from arrows. I know I've seen Daryl making arrows before, which is just not correct. But the biggest factor is how damn hard it is to ready it to fire.

So it's not the worst weapon of the bunch - that's Michonne's - and I appreciate that the show doesn't boast a cast armed strictly with firearms, but it's definitely idealized onscreen.

Edit: I'm not an expert on crossbows, although I have used them and I know how they work. And surely Daryl's fired his a lot more than I have, but the amount of tension needed is still pretty immense.

I've always been sort of indifferent toward Daryl. No matter how you try to spin it, the crossbow is not a practical weapon in the Walking Dead universe, and for me his most enjoyable performances have been alongside Beth and Merle. He's not an unlikable character for me, he's just never stood out like he apparently does for the "If Daryl dies we riot" people. Would I be upset if he died? Yeah, sure, but I wouldn't stop watching. I almost stopped when Dale died, though. What the fuck was that?

Without Rick, on the other hand, the show has no legs. The Walking Dead is about Rick Grimes. I'm glad to see him back on the edge this season, especially going head to head with these pseudo-cops.

This.

I like Daryl, he is a good character, but sometimes good characters dying makes things more interesting.

you think the sword is the worst? I'm surprised she hasn't killed more walkers by now. Unless she tires incredibly quickly but she shouldnt do that anymore.

I just don't think it's realistic. I can understand her being pretty proficient with it after ~2 years of use, but what stopped her from getting eaten when she missed those first couple of swings in the beginning, yknow, before she knew how to use it? She travelled alone until she found Andrea, I'm pretty sure.

I just don't think it's realistic. I can understand her being pretty proficient with it after ~2 years of use, but what stopped her from getting eaten when she missed those first couple of swings in the beginning, yknow, before she knew how to use it? She travelled alone until she found Andrea, I'm pretty sure.

Ya, i dont agree with this part, assuming the blade is constantly sharp Im sure she would be fine.

I mean its not as if she is in sword fights? If a lifeless body was limping towards me, I feel pretty confident that I could hit it in the head with a sword 9/10 times. Id say shooting a gun is far far more difficult.

she had her two pet zombies that kept most of the other zombies away.

Right, there are some definite advantages to how quiet and accurate it is. However, the show seriously downplays how obtrusive it is, and how difficult it is to ready a crossbow to fire - you can't do that in less than a few seconds unless you're professionally trained, 'cause it takes a shitload to pull that string back.

Also, plowing through flesh and bone can take its toll on a crossbow bolt. I'd wager that most of the bolts you pull back out of a corpse would not be reusable, or at least would be much less effective.

And I'm not sure how easy it is to craft a bolt, since they are a bit different from arrows. I know I've seen Daryl making arrows before, which is just not correct. But the biggest factor is how damn hard it is to ready it to fire.

So it's not the worst weapon of the bunch - that's Michonne's - and I appreciate that the show doesn't boast a cast armed strictly with firearms, but it's definitely idealized onscreen.

Edit: I'm not an expert on crossbows, although I have used them and I know how they work. And surely Daryl's fired his a lot more than I have, but the amount of tension needed is still pretty immense.

Fair enough, all valid points.