The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Writer B: Yeah, yeah. Though would help contrast, they would totally save that dude in season one. But is that too subtle? What if the new guy was like "You've To Be Kidding!", that would make it more obvious.

wait what? i dont remember much from season 1 anymore.

Writer C: But why would this dude live in the woods for months and never know anything. Does he never eat or go outside or anything?

Writer A + B: Fuck it dude, don't worry about it. You're overthinking it. This scene is going to be awesome.

... and scene.

I just assumed the hermit was fucking crazy.

I mean, he had a dead dog just chilling in his cabin, dude was not right upstairs.

Sort of illustrating the point that they have thrown a lot of logic out the window and are asking me, as a viewer, to ignore it. In this case you're also doing that to serve a plot point that doesn't really advance any arc, it felt like they were essentially filling the episode with whatever in order to pace the show appropriately. Which to me, is sloppy writing.

I don't need the show to be airtight, it isn't, but I would prefer my leaps in logic to be accompanied with something of value.

something else i was thinking about on the way to work today: would this zombie apocalypse ultimately lead to a stronger breed of humans? here's my thought: all the people who need meds for high blood pressure or epilepsy or name your disease, at some point will not be able to get that medicine anymore. only the people who are reasonably healthy will survive long term (assuming you don't become walker food), right? although i guess you can be healthy and still pass on recessive, not-healthy traits....or maybe i'm just way over-thinking things during my commute.

i feel like there would be a whole lot more zombies, or a whole lot more random humans running around from zombies than what has been portrayed so far. Atlanta has MILLIONS of people. Do they ever account for what happens to them, or to all the people who abandoned cars on the interstates? again, I missed all of season 2, so I dont know if thi was mentioned in that season or not

i feel like there would be a whole lot more zombies, or a whole lot more random humans running around from zombies than what has been portrayed so far. Atlanta has MILLIONS of people. Do they ever account for what happens to them, or to all the people who abandoned cars on the interstates? again, I missed all of season 2, so I dont know if thi was mentioned in that season or not

Last night's episode was terrible.

When/how did Darrell get captured? Out of nowhere, he was a bargaining chip.

Really Maggie? You aren't going to wipe any of that blood off your clearly injured boy-toy?

Every week they make it look like shit is going to go down on next week's episode, but shit never ends up going down.

Maybe I just want resolution, and this show is like a soap opera, taking twists and turns away from said resolution every single week.

I agree. Andrea's lack of appropriate reaction and the wall o' heads and zombie Penny was bothersome. Even more so seeing her still there at the end when they brought out Daryl. And as Casey already pointed out, that was cheap ploy to no explain really how he got captured. It was a weak plot twist to build up expectations for the next episode. In February.