The Walking Dead

mcm1610

another great show that just started is The Americans on FX.  i'll stop the derailing here, but god damn thats a good show too

Agreed. I love a good spy-thriller.

Back on-topic, last night's episode was way better than the mid-season premiere. I hope they can keep the momentum going, but I feel like the next episode might have sort of a lull to it. Unless Rick and the gang try and take back the field again and rebuild the fences. There's so many walkers in there!

I love how Rick was totally and completely out of it and then snapped back to reality as soon as the shooting started. I was getting worried he was going to get his face eaten off while trying to make out with not-Lori (air).

head smash was great. i think the turning point for daryl in this ep was when merle was giving him shit about saving the spanish speaking peeps and he was like THERE WAS A BABY

Anyone who is really into this show and Breaking Bad should also be watching Hell on Wheels. Show is stellar. They really had a great ending to season 2.

shit i totally forgot about that show

I love how Rick was totally and completely out of it and then snapped back to reality as soon as the shooting started. I was getting worried he was going to get his face eaten off while trying to make out with not-Lori (air).

Stabbing zombies in the face with the barrel of his pistol when he ran out of ammo was so badass/stressful.  There's something about that level of desperation that just makes the sirens go off in your head, ala screwdriver in S1.

I hope Andrea gets dead. Everyone else is cool by me. Last night was a lot better than the previous week.

andrea totally deserves to die a stupid death in a few episodes.  it's one thing to side with they guy you're sleeping with rather than the girl who kept you alive for the past 8 months (and now that I write that, I'm already disagreeing with myself), but to side with that guy after finding out that he captured two of your friends, knew they were your friends, and hid it from you?  seriously?  how she hasn't pulled a gun on him and been like "wtf, dude?", I don't understand...

I'm calling it now: in one of the upcoming episodes, andrea will discover that the governor violated maggie and will immediately yell "wait, what?  that's what you want?  she looks nothing like your dead wife!  SHE'S NOT EVEN BLONDE!!!" and will subsequently storm out.

anyhoo, I'm interested to see how the merle situation goes.  I think he's got to die sometime soon just because of the uncomfortableness, and I'm guessing they'll make him go out on a high note.  he's already come to rick's rescue, so I'm guessing he'll do something ~heroic like sacrificing his life for carl and/or judith.

and in the comics,

tyresse gets killed by the governor, right?  so it's not like we "need" him to come back on the show.

obviously the show deviates from the comics quite a bit, but still.

I was just about to watch last nights episode but, before I do I just wanted to say I fucking hate Rick. At this point he's so crazy (yes the group doesn't really know it I guess) but, seriously if he died or they left him how much better off would they be? Not that it'd probably ever happen cause of the baby and what not.

I think the only character I actually like is Carl "The Gatekeeper" Grimes (because the kid always has the keys it seems like)

i gotta say, there were a lot of great moments in last night's ep. that whole part with merle being like "i didn't know," beth giving maggie the baby and grabbing her hand, carol and axel when they were moving the pallets, etc.

and yeah someone must've fucked up in the continuity department so the editors had to work with what they had.

I think my favorite part may have been when the Gov just maniacally aimed his gun in the air for a few seconds and let loose with that crazed look in his face.

Crazy Gov > Reg Gov

And it boggles my mind when people say they don't like this show. In my opinion this show really can do no wrong. It's to the point where I'm invested in every character and any significant death is going to be pretty shocking.

*SEMI-SPOILER REGARDING ANDREA*

And to those hoping for an Andrea death this season, she all but confirmed she's sticking around thru this season at the Walking Dead Live thing I attended in Cleveland last week. She said that her character will "make up for" hooking up with the Gov, which she realized pissed the fans off haha.

Season 1 when they are in the alley right before green gets kidnapped

Daryl: you got some balls for a chinaman

Glenn: I'm Korean

Daryl: Whatever

Last night

Merle: damn near killed the Chinese kid

Daryl: he's Korean

Merle: whatever

I laughed for a good ten minutes.

was amazed that they'd put this in there when they said it. It felt totally logical, too, to guess Merle would say that, the moment Daryl corrected him. Great homage!