The Walking Dead

mcm1610

any of you play the Walking Dead game? last episode just came out, really good series!

i played the most of the first episode, but got kinda bored with it.

it's not bad.

the only teltale game i've managed to keep up with all the way to the end was back to the future, and i still haven't played the last episode of that.

No. You just go to the respective e-shops and purchase the episodes there. There is a $20 season pass that saves you $5 but it's for PS3 only (I played it on PS3). The new console generation is right around the corner, you could get either current generation console right now for like $200 or so and have the entire back catalog of games to play, especially with all this cyber monday chaos.

It's funny, I spent all of Season 2 wishing they would pace it a little faster, now I wish they would dial it back a just notch. Michonne meeting and joining the group was like 45 minutes. So far I'm liking this season pretty well, that Hermit shit was laughable, sloppy writing, but not too many complaints.

Andrea is the motherfucking worst.

I feel like the Hermit situation was treated about as well as it could, in a situation like that where they were being flanked by a dozen and a half walkers while some guy inside is screaming and shooting at everyone, it'd probably be hard to think clear headed. That said, I agree that the pace is a bit too quick, especially since it's been said that the prison/woodbury storyline would run a couple of seasons - with the two groups meeting only a quarter of the way into that, I keep imagining that the conflicts will be derivative after a while since one will foil the other's plans time and again like an old Ninja Turtles cartoon or something.

yeah not quite sure what's up with crazy cabin hermit but i loved how they all looked at michonne afterward like, "oh. okay." she made the hard choice in an instant and it saved their lives.

it's probably really gonna suck for daryl to have to kill his own brother, but that's the only way i envision that ending.

I don't mind the way the treated the hermit thing, it just was sloppy. I just picture the writers room like this:

Writer A: So, guys we should totally have some zombies ambush them on the way to Woodbury, like a close call.

Writer B: Yeah, they could like duck into a cabin to escape them real quick.

Writer A: Oh shit, I got it! What if there was a hermit guy in the cabin and he didn't even know what was happening. They could even like sacrifice him to the zombies to get away.

Writer B: Yeah, yeah. Though would help contrast, they would totally save that dude in season one. But is that too subtle? What if the new guy was like "You've To Be Kidding!", that would make it more obvious.

Writer C: But why would this dude live in the woods for months and never know anything. Does he never eat or go outside or anything?

Writer A + B: Fuck it dude, don't worry about it. You're overthinking it. This scene is going to be awesome.

... and scene.