The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Darryl "got caught" when he stayed behind "to lay down cover fire", he had no intention of leaving.

I expect Andrea loose her shit in the arena, if she doesn't then I will be disappointed with this turn of events. Andrea still had no idea until the end of the episode that it was Rick & Co. that had broke in to save Maggie and Glen. She still doesn't know about Maggie and Glen. I'm sure she still has mixed feelings about Rick & Co. due to "being abandoned".

Michael Rooker left set a week or so back, and was apparently filming up until the season finale, so he'll be around until atleast the end of this season. The look on Daryl's face in the middle of the arena, to me, seemed like one of cocky excitement, almost like he's stoked that he and his brother are going to get to fight out of this scrape like the old times.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I definitely feel like the show is treating the governor better than the comics - I think that Kirkman has been given the gift that many writers want, and that's to go back and revise regrettable parts of their work. Where the comics version was literally a mustache twirling devil, it almost seems that the show's version is a guy teetering between trying to do good while at the same time doing bad to achieve that good end - seeing his daughter stabbed through the face is probably going to be his zero hour; from here on out, he's probably going to dispense with the political posturing and niceties.

i just don't get how people can jump off the bandwagon of this show. Even with some plotholes and hasty advances in the story I'm soaking it all up.

I agree that I think the Governor will lose his shit now.

Curious to see what happens with Rick cuz he's obviously still hallucinating and it appears their is some type of major divide coming between him and the group based on the previews.

A couple of things...

1. Thanks to the Talking Dead for having relevant guests. it makes for better discussion. I think it was 2 weeks ago when they had Benji Joel and Sarah Silverman on the show. Man oh man, they were so bad at keeping up with the discussions that the host was trying to embark on.

2. Can we talk about the reference to Shane is this most recent episode? Does that have any sort of significance other than guilt? Why tie it in to this particular episode, though?

3. Man, how badass was that glass-shank to the eyeball? So good.

2. Can we talk about the reference to Shane is this most recent episode? Does that have any sort of significance other than guilt? Why tie it in to this particular episode, though?

My two cents. I think the important takeaway was that Rick's hesitation directly resulted in a death. Rick could have residual guilt about a lot of things, so it could have been also been Lori, or anyone he couldn't "protect" that is now dead. Yes, he killed Shane but I'm not sure that is as relevant in this specific case.

Though knowing this show I wouldn't be surprised if he confessed to someone, say Hershel, that "he froze when he shouldn't have and there were consequences" and they don't go much deeper.

• 2 months later...