Smashing Pumpkins

i'm gonna regret even responding to this now that its turned into a giant playground slapfight but I can't help but find it sort of interesting that the people who lucked out and have non-distorted copies are somehow personally offended that others did not and have used the most appropriate place here to discuss it.

I definitely got one of the distorted ones and whether its due to 1) not enough deadwax 2) cartridge misalignment 3) black magic, it's sort of irrelevant because at the end of that argument my Side A still sounds hot and distorted. 

The snobbery and bullshit attitude from a few of you is the exact reason why so many people find vinyl collectors to be smug elitists and generally resent us and this entire culture that for most is about appreciating hi-fi audio and not just being a douche. You may not care one way or another (and i'm sure you'll be quick to reply that you don't) but it does no good for anyone to be that way. 

you know, i think i got it all out in that one post. i'm pretty zen now. 

since i wasn't around for it...does anyone know how people got around to getting the defective disc in Thrice - The Alchemy Index replaced? I know they eventually sent out new ones but I wasn't sure if it was something the company recognized themselves or if it was crowd driven

im not sure this problem can be corrected, its such a loud song compressed into such a small amount of wax, honestly i feel like most of side 3 is distorted as well.  ill play around with it and see but im overall not thrilled with the sound quality.  admittedly i dont have a great deck or amp but still, it plays MOFI stuff very well

you know, i think i got it all out in that one post. i'm pretty zen now. 

since i wasn't around for it...does anyone know how people got around to getting the defective disc in Thrice - The Alchemy Index replaced? I know they eventually sent out new ones but I wasn't sure if it was something the company recognized themselves or if it was crowd driven

the thrice earth record situation was a bit different as it was a manufacturing defect that caused the needle to get stuck in a groove and not proceed, which is not very ignorable. with this "zero issue" the label can simply blame it on inner groove distortion (which may be the truth...jamming too much shit on on side sounds like crap). i had bought my copy of the alchemy index from suburban home/vinyl collective and virgil sent out the replacement discs to everyone that ordered.

i am pretty interested to hear how bad zero sounds now...hopefully tomorrow.

Just listened the first LP and I have to say that I find the whole thing to be a bit in the clipping end but "Zero" was by far the worst quality I've ever heard pressed to vinyl and I'm including any DIY no-name punk 7" that I've ever heard. Just ungodly. By the middle of the song it gets unlistenable and it only gets worse from there til the end just takes a huge shit on your ears. The very end of "To Forgive" is noticeably crappy as well. Though again the whole disc felt too hot.

Haven't attempted the rest of it. Just lost interest.

Just listened the first LP and I have to say that I find the whole thing to be a bit in the clipping end but "Zero" was by far the worst quality I've ever heard pressed to vinyl and I'm including any DIY no-name punk 7" that I've ever heard. Just ungodly. By the middle of the song it gets unlistenable and it only gets worse from there til the end just takes a huge shit on your ears. The very end of "To Forgive" is noticeably crappy as well. Though again the whole disc felt too hot.

Haven't attempted the rest of it. Just lost interest.

LOL