Smashing Pumpkins

Virgin put this out! By way of EMI as the parent label. Which is now part of Universal. :)

Which might explain why I've not got a response to my request for a replacement. I had no idea where to send it, so I sent it to three different addresses.

I should just buy the new version and sell the bad on off at a steep discount just to move on.

We're talking Amazon right here. The only bad thing one can do is buy stuff from them.

Yeah! Damn then for being successful, having excellent customer service, and fast shipping.

I get that they've had some questionable practices in the past (and probably still do), but you know what they say about two wrongs. People love the fuck out of Apple and they do some shitty stuff too.

Yeah! Damn then for being successful, having excellent customer service, and fast shipping.

I get that they've had some questionable practices in the past (and probably still do), but you know what they say about two wrongs. People love the fuck out of Apple and they do some shitty stuff too.

As a man in my thirties, I can't stand shopping at Amazon. I mean, any place that caters to demographics that aren't exclusive to my tastes is totally awful.

The sell adult diapers, for goodness sake.

Has anyone had any luck with Amazon regarding replacing their defective pressings (at their cost)?

I note on the listing for the new pressing:

"PRODUCT ALERT:

Please note that this is a remastered version of an original recording. Any background noise from the original recording may be present in this recording as well."

It seems to be fairly well documented that the distortion is as a result of a pressing issue and not a mastering issue. A defect not present on the EU pressing and which has clearly been fixed with this second pressing.

I have contacted them. I will let you all know if I get a result. 

Just an update on this. I managed to get a replacement set sent to me (and need to send back the old one).

There was a bit of back and forth, but we got there in the end. 

It arrived yesterday and can confirm it is the newer version, I played Zero last night and it sounded great.

Just an update on this. I managed to get a replacement set sent to me (and need to send back the old one).

There was a bit of back and forth, but we got there in the end.

It arrived yesterday and can confirm it is the newer version, I played Zero last night and it sounded great.

I asked them to swap mine but the rep said he couldn't. Then he told me he'd give me a refund, but then after checking, he ended up not being able to.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my copy from Amazon.ca, and after emailing them asking them for a replacement, they gave me a refund instead. Which was pretty cool of them considering I bought the album over 2 years ago.

I tried getting a replacement and a refund from Amazon.com but they said they couldn't do it. That's totally understandable, and what I expected, but I had to try.

I ended up selling my first copy for $60.

• 2 weeks later...

so Jimmy is now playing drums on the summer tour. pretty cool, but i'm not sure it's enough to get me to sit through marilyn manson.

Jimmy fuckin Chamberlin? It was my understanding that he was dead to Billy after the interpersonal disaster that was Zwan.

Now bring D'arcy and James back already!

Yeah the SP reunion in 2007 was originally touted as a Billy/Jimmy affair with musicians-for-hire supporting the live act. Jimmy's departure after that was reportedly unamicable and due, at least in part, to having no creative input. It will be interesting to hear interviews with him about this.

I'm kinda bummed that I'll be missing my date on this tour due to an already scheduled vacation, but here's hoping Jimmy helps finish the Day For Night sessions and that the relationship sticks this time.